News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to ban 1-900 outgoing calls

Started by TTCP, September 24, 2019, 07:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTCP

Hi, I want to ban all the 1-900-xxx-xxxx outgoing calls, in my OBI200.

In the manual, it says:
        !1900xxxxxxx – Barring all 11-digit numbers that start with 1900

But I think, in the Phone->OutboundCallRoute section, I can also achieve the same goal by using the following stuff:
        {(1900xxxxxxx):},

So if the exclamation mark "!" really needed here or not?

Thanks,

ProfTech

If you put !1900xxxxxxx in the phone port digit map like they show you then the user will get a fast busy as soon as he dials the 900 number. If you put it in the outbound call route he can still dial the number but when the Obi tries to send the number it will play some error message to him [not sure which one], which will probably be confusing to the average user.

TTCP

If I use the exclamation mark "!" syntax in the digitmap section, do I still have to specify this stuff in some way in the OutboundCallRoute section?

If so, is that kind of redundant, and design flaw, and inefficient? ( as compared to the more streamlined way of directlying specifying it in the OutboundCallRoute section like what I illustrated above. )

drgeoff

Quote from: TTCP on September 24, 2019, 10:31:10 AM
If I use the exclamation mark "!" syntax in the digitmap section, do I still have to specify this stuff in some way in the OutboundCallRoute section?
No.

(Assuming dialling from a phone on the PHONE port is the only way of making calls. If you have enabled calls to be made through your OBi - eg trusted callers - then you may want to make further blocks.)