News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There is no service available

Started by Oyiwaa, September 30, 2011, 12:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oyiwaa

Hello,

[[ sorry for cross-posting]]

I have been user of Obi110 for about 4 months.  The device worked fine until about 3 weeks ago.
After a power disruption, my phone would no longer work.  Whenever I tried to place a call, I get the message:
"There is no service available"

My Obi Dashboard looks like the picture attached. Obviously, it shows that the device is offline.

Here is what I can establish so far:

-- I am able to ping Obi's ip address and get replies.
-- I can go to the web configuration using Obi's ip address.
-- I followed all recommended remedies here, including dialing **9 333 333 333. I receive the same message.
-- On ObiTalk portal, I tried re-adding the device, and was unsuccessful.  It reports that the device cannot communicate with the network. But the ip address works, and does respond to pings.
-- I tried resetting the service to defaults, and reconfiguring it, and that didn't help either.

So, I am utterly stumped:  what do I need to do again?

thanks for any help you can offer.

Rgds, OY

ShermanObi

This screen shot indicates no device has been added to this OBiTALK account.

Please use the Add Device link on the left-side menu of the OBiTALK Dashboard and see about adding your device.  If you require additional assistance please request by filling out this form (link).

QBZappy

ShermanObi,

An issue tracking system. Nice. That should put to rest some of those loose ends that fall through the cracks because they become forgotten.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Oyiwaa

Thanks ...  I tried to add the device, but it timed-out and wouldn't communicate with the internet. 

I also tried to fill-out the "support ticket form" and got this error: 

--> OBi No is wrong for the corresponding Product Type, please correct it.

I would appreciate your help.

Rgds, Oy

Quote from: ShermanObi on September 30, 2011, 03:33:54 PM
This screen shot indicates no device has been added to this OBiTALK account.

Please use the Add Device link on the left-side menu of the OBiTALK Dashboard and see about adding your device.  If you require additional assistance please request by filling out this form (link).