News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line1 Issue

Started by zaragoza2, November 09, 2019, 01:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaragoza2

Hi.  I'm located outside the U.S. and use an Obihai110.  I used to use the device with Google Voice and Callcentric, but now I just use it with Callcentric. The issue that I have is with calls that originate outside the country where I live, dialing into my local home phone number (in other words, calls that don't come in through a VOIP provider, such as Callcentric). The Terminal ID for inbound calls that come in from outside this country are labeled as Line1 calls. Local inbound calls that originate in this country are also labeled as Line1 calls. In this country, home phones and cellphones use 8-digit phone numbers. None begin with a 0 or 1, as far as I know. The unknown, problem call that I received at 4:00 A.M. this morning came from the U.S. - 001315256XXXX.  The Terminal ID was Line1.  So my question is, can I go into the Obihai110 settings for Line1 and block all incoming calls that begin with a 0? [I believe all international calls from one country to another are prefixed by at least one 0, at least the ones that originate from the U.S. do.]

drgeoff

Change the LINE Port InboundCallRoute to

{0xx.:},{ph}

zaragoza2

Thanks.  The setting had been just ph on that line. I changed the LINE Port InboundCallRoute to: {0xx.:},{ph}. So that equation, in English, translates to: "any inbound call to the phone, by way of the line port, that begins with a zero, will be blocked"? I wasn't aware that the symbol { } was an instruction to block.

drgeoff

Quote from: zaragoza2 on November 09, 2019, 02:27:49 PMI wasn't aware that the symbol { } was an instruction to block.
It isn't.

The source:destination construct means that a call with Caller ID equal to source will be routed to destination.  In this case the destination is empty.

zaragoza2

Quote from: drgeoff on November 09, 2019, 03:26:31 PM
Quote from: zaragoza2 on November 09, 2019, 02:27:49 PMI wasn't aware that the symbol { } was an instruction to block.
It isn't.

The source:destination construct means that a call with Caller ID equal to source will be routed to destination.  In this case the destination is empty.
That construct doesn't work.  I had an another incoming call through Line 1 this morning.  The caller ID was 001724660XXXX. [Edit: LINE Port InboundCallRoute is under Physical Interfaces, correct?]

drgeoff

Quote from: zaragoza2 on November 14, 2019, 05:41:36 AM
It isn't.

The source:destination construct means that a call with Caller ID equal to source will be routed to destination.  In this case the destination is empty.
That construct doesn't work.  I had an another incoming call through Line 1 this morning.  The caller ID was 001724660XXXX. [Edit: LINE Port InboundCallRoute is under Physical Interfaces, correct?]
Yes, it needs the '(' and ')' as in

{(0xx.):},{ph}

zaragoza2

Quote from: drgeoff on November 14, 2019, 06:29:07 AM
Quote from: zaragoza2 on November 14, 2019, 05:41:36 AM
It isn't.

Yes, it needs the '(' and ')' as in

{(0xx.):},{ph}
Thanks.  I'll try that.