News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

rejected by service provider, reason 603 (OBi200)

Started by jimandlaurie.miller, November 20, 2019, 07:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimandlaurie.miller

We're using OBi200, firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX), with Google Voice.

We're getting the 603 message (rejected by service provider) when calling a local college campus. Also calling the local Domino's will result in the 603 message. We must reboot the OBi200 to make other calls. If we don't reboot the OBi200, we get the following message when attempting to call any other number: "...has not received a response from the service provider." After the reboot, we can call any number we try except the college campus and the Domino's (might possibly be other numbers that trigger the 603 message).

This is a new pattern, noticed a few days ago. We've used the OBi200 to call the college campus for at least a year with no problems.

Note that I have tried removing the OBi200 from Google Voice and OBiTALK and then doing a factory reset using the button on the bottom of the OBi200. And then starting over with setup...

Please advise.

Thank you.

tempo150101

Usually I can get around this by dialing a 1 before the area code.

jimandlaurie.miller

Thought I should update this...

We're still getting the "rejected by service provider, reason 603" error for certain numbers in our town. As suggested in a response, we've tried (both originally and recently, today) adding the 1 and area code before the local number but get the same error. I should add that if we call these numbers directly using Google Voice (no OBi), they go through normally, the call connects with no error.

ProfTech

When I saw your post the first thing that came to mind was an incorrect setting either of the phone map or SPx map in your Obi. However after looking up sip code 603 it states that is a global error sent directly to you by the service provider [Google]. So it would seem to me to be a Google problem and not a problem on your end, with with any setting or configuration mistake. So much for free phone service. You may want to look into a proper [paid] sip provider. Good luck.

bill-cary

Just had this response attempting to call back a number that rang for 43 sec. Since spam calls don't (normally) ring for more than 15 sec, I figured it might be good. I got a couldn't connect 603. I tried with my cell phone and got a not in service response. Yep - SPAM.