News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 312 won't work with Google Voice

Started by JeanObiUser, March 31, 2020, 06:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeanObiUser

Hi there. I need some help with the Obi 312 I bought. I bought it to replace an Obi 110, as it has the line port to allow connections to landlines as well as voip connections.

I have experience setting up Obi 110s and 202s in the past, with success. However, for the life of me I can't get this Obi 312 to work with google voice. In the Device Configuration section of Obitalk, for SP1 is shows up as connected to Google Voice. However, no calls can be made or received through Google Voice. Calls can be made to direct Obi numbers though using **9.

I went into the Google Voice settings on the web to compare the settings section of the account connected to this Obi 312, to the Google Voice settings for a working Obi202  that I own. I notice that for the account connected to the 202 under My Device I can see the Obitalk Device listed there, however for the account linked to the 312 the Obi device is not listed under My Devices. As I mentioned before the Obi 312 shows up as connected to Google Voice in Obitalk, and I had no problems in the set up procedure linking it to Google Voice.

The Obi 312 arrived with firmware 3.2.2 (Build 5932). I tried updating it to the latest firmware version in the forum, 3.2.2 Build 5921EX. This made no difference. I then went to the Polycom website and foound the latest firmware for the Obi312 was 3.2.3 build 6768, so I update the device to that firmware. Since updating it to the 3.2.3 firmware I can no longer access the Obi via the IP addresss. I now get a message saying "The requested URL was not found". Worse of all the Obi still doesn't work with Google Voice and is unchanged in that regard.

Does any one have an info that can help me? I believe I have two problems now 1) I need to be able to get back access to the device via its IP address, and 2) I would like to figure out how to get it to work with Google Voice, how to get it to show up as an ObiTalk device under My Devices in Google Voice settings.

Thanks in advance for the help.

SteveInWA

The only problem you have, is reading comprehension.  The OBi 300 series does not support Google Voice.  It is intended for sale by other VoIP service providers and their system integrators, not as a retail consumer device.

JeanObiUser

Reading comprehension? I have never read that anywhere. People can be so rude over the internet for no reason whatsoever.

SteveInWA

Here you go:  https://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/voip-adapters/obi312.html  No mention of Google Voice, and mention that this device is managed via Poly's PDMS service provider platform.

JeanObiUser

I didn't buy from their site. I bought it from a retail site where this information was not mentioned.

SteveInWA

Well then, your options are to either not use Google Voice, or return that device and buy a 200-series device, which does support Google Voice.

Jackson

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 31, 2020, 10:40:28 PM
Well then, your options are to either not use Google Voice, or return that device and buy a 200-series device, which does support Google Voice.
Seems Polycom has only the OBi200 for GV these days.

drgeoff

Jackson

Quote from: drgeoff on April 04, 2020, 10:15:32 AM
Quote from: Jackson on April 04, 2020, 05:18:09 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on March 31, 2020, 10:40:28 PM
Seems Polycom has only the OBi200 for GV these days.
https://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/voip-adapters/obi202.html
https://www.polycom.com/voice-conferencing-solutions/voip-adapters/obi212.html

Thank you for proving my point.  Those links you posted lead to nothing.

'Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock'

A typical Google search also comes up with zilch... except for the OBi200.

SteveInWA

The OBi 202 and 212 are not discontinued; they are temporarily out of stock.  They will be back at Amazon, probably in a few weeks.

malvezijfn

The OBi 300 series does not support Google Voice.  It is intended for sale by other VoIP service providers and their system integrators, not as a retail consumer device. prepaidcardstatus