News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbe Setup OBi110;WNR2000 Model router;CallWithus

Started by Basra, October 01, 2011, 10:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basra

Trying to set up this service. I do not want GV. So I am trying to set it up as Service Provider 1 Generic Service Provider. Seems like doing everything right. Cannot signin into My Ip Address, because it would not accept the username and/or password which i try. I am lost, read somewhere may be Router can cause the problem. Any Help will be Appriciated. Thank You.

Stewart

QuoteCannot signin into My Ip Address ...
I don't understand what you mean; please be more specific.  If you are trying to access the device via its Web interface from a browser on your LAN, the user name is "admin" and the default password is "admin" (without the quotes).  If you changed the password at OBiTALK.com or in the device, it will of course be different.

Though not related to your access problem, the WNR2000 is notorious for causing problems with VoIP.  If it causes trouble in your situation and if you have an older router (or if your modem can work as a router), you could set it up so the OBi connection avoids the WNR2000, which would be set up to serve as a fast Wi-Fi access point only.

RonR

Quote from: Stewart on October 01, 2011, 10:48:38 AM
If you are trying to access the device via its Web interface from a browser on your LAN, the user name is "admin" and the default password is "admin" (without the quotes).  If you changed the password at OBiTALK.com or in the device, it will of course be different.

If your password is 'admin' when you register the OBi on the OBiTALK Web Portal, it will often change it something else (which can be seen on the OBiTALK Web Portal).

Basra

Many of the issues has been solved. My Router Netgear WNR-2000 drop my outbound calls after 33 seconds. Tried every possible thing, nothing working. There is no SIP ALG set up available in router WAN. Talking to Netgear support, so for no solution. Wondering if any one has any solution.

RonR

Basra,

The best way to determine if your router is part of the problem is to temporarily eliminate it.  If possible, connect the OBi directly to your modem.  Power-cycle both units after making the connection.  If the problem goes away with the router out of the loop, there's a good chance the router is at fault.  If the problem persists, the router is obviously not the cause.