News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

anveo and caller id in and out

Started by kenstr, December 16, 2019, 03:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenstr

would like to know how to set up caller id in and out with anveo in midwest united states.

i know there are 2 packages one gives you number the other gives you name and number : does this apply to both incoming and outgoing caller id.

somewhere someone stated your anveo account number shows up instead of name and/or number how do you correct this with a name number rather then account number.

can this be bypassed by programming my phone with names to the numbers

thanks

drgeoff

Caller name is NOT transported across the core POTS and cellular networks. Only the caller's number. Any name that the callee sees is either:

1. Stored in the callee's phone.

or

2. Provided by callee's phone service provider from a database lookup on the caller's number.

kenstr

so 1) if i got a call from someone with just the number could i attach name using my phone settings. ie lets say mom calls i recognize number but no name can i save number in phone and edit it so that next time name shows up when she calls
2)do you know if anveo charges for look ups with any of their plans or is it free with one plan? would it help if the one calling had outbound caller id?
thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: kenstr on January 06, 2020, 02:59:15 PM
so 1) if i got a call from someone with just the number could i attach name using my phone settings. ie lets say mom calls i recognize number but no name can i save number in phone and edit it so that next time name shows up when she calls
2)do you know if anveo charges for look ups with any of their plans or is it free with one plan? would it help if the one calling had outbound caller id?
thanks
1. Yes
2.  Don't know about Anveo.  Don't understand the second part about outbound Caller ID.  Every outgoing call from any phone causes the calling number to be sent to the callee's phone service provider unless the caller requests otherwise.

BGood

With regard to Anveo and CallerID:

1) In your Anveo website admin, you can configure CNAM lookup based on the CallerID number (ANI) provided by the caller.  For my plan (Obi special basic) I think the charge for this is $0.009 per lookup and it is automatically deducted from the positive account balance you maintain at Anveo.

2) Alternatively, you can display the ContactName in your "white list" of contacts associated with the CallerID number provided by the caller.  Anveo's admin setup also provides the ability to upload your contact database in .csv format, which should make importing from Outlook and other contact managers relatively straightforward.  It is my understanding that this service is provided without charge, and can also work as "white list" call blocking strategy managed through Anveo's graphical call treatment system.  (Disclaimer - I have not done this yet for my account)