News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk Web Portal not working

Started by gillhog, January 11, 2020, 09:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gillhog

After looking through hundreds of posts and searches on the internet, I get nothing that works.  When I access my OBI202 by local ip address, everything works fine.  When I access via the Obitalk web portal, nothing changes.

Example, I make a change on the Obitalk site, hit Submit, it is accepted.  Nothing resets.  I reboot my OBI202 and still nothing changes.

I have tried Auto Provisioning Enabled and Disabled.  I cannot make changes remotely.  The configuration on the Obitalk portal does not match, since it never actually updates the OBI202.

Taoman

Sounds like you don't have OBiTalk Provisioning enabled from the local ip address.

gillhog

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, that is where I am provisioning it from, the local ip, not the web portal.  It gives me 4 options:  Disabled, System Start, Periodically, Time of Day.  I set it for System Start and rebooted afterwards.  Still nothing works from the web portal.

Taoman

Give some history of your OBi device and how you originally configured it.

Have you always used the local ip address to configure your OBi?

What service providers are configured on your OBi? Do you have Google Voice configured on the OBi?

At what point during configuring your device/service providers did you add the OBi to the OBiTalk web portal?

On the OBi Dashboard, are all your service providers listed correctly along with the correct status?

What is your ultimate goal here? If you've been configuring your device successfully from the local ip address why do you care about configuring it from the OBiTalk web portal? You should be configuring your OBi device from either the local ip or from the OBiTalk web portal, not both.

gillhog

I used to have an Obi200, but it died.  I then purchased the 202 model.  I have NEVER used the local ip to configure the device.  When I made a change on the Obi site, it would reboot my device and the new configuration was programmed.

Now it no longer does this.  It ONLY works from the local ip.  I prefer the Obi portal, because I make changes as necessary to my mother's Obi device, who lives some distance from me.  So the local ip option is not an option.

I have 2 Google Voice accounts, one each on 2 different devices.

I added the Obi to the ObiTalk portal from the very beginning, when it was first registered/configured.

On the Obi Dashboard, all the service providers have the correct status and work correctly.  Any changes I make there shows to save there, but does not reprogram the devices.

Taoman

So are you still able to configure/edit your mother's OBi device thru the OBiTalk portal? Is that device still performing normally?

I know you don't want to hear this, but if you are positive that you have OBiTalk Provisioning enabled (System start) and it's still not working thru the OBiTalk portal my recommendation would be to delete that OBi device from the OBiTalk portal and do a factory reset on that OBi device and start from scratch by re-adding it to the OBiTalk portal and then reconfiguring the device. Personally, I wouldn't try and do a restore of your config as you just might restore whatever the problem is. I would carefully write down (or take multiple screen shots) your current configs for your different SPs to make it easy to reconfigure it.

Does anyone else have any ideas the OP can try?

drgeoff

Quote from: Taoman on January 18, 2020, 07:32:20 AM
So are you still able to configure/edit your mother's OBi device thru the OBiTalk portal? Is that device still performing normally?

I know you don't want to hear this, but if you are positive that you have OBiTalk Provisioning enabled (System start) and it's still not working thru the OBiTalk portal my recommendation would be to delete that OBi device from the OBiTalk portal and do a factory reset on that OBi device and start from scratch by re-adding it to the OBiTalk portal and then reconfiguring the device. Personally, I wouldn't try and do a restore of your config as you just might restore whatever the problem is. I would carefully write down (or take multiple screen shots) your current configs for your different SPs to make it easy to reconfigure it.

Does anyone else have any ideas the OP can try?
I second Taoman's advice to reset and reconfigure.

Fairbank1s

I am also having similar issue using the facility. I have tried to resolve this issue, but I have not succeeded yet! Any help will be appreciated FaceTime.