News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 202 periodically drops connection to my landline phone when calls come to GV

Started by vick2592, January 28, 2020, 12:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vick2592

Hello everyone,

Since my OBI 202 warranty expired and the support team forwarded me here I am hoping you guys may help. Long story sort, so a month back I have began to notice that my OBI 202 device or my Landline Panasonic phone kept dropping connection to Google Voice. Most relevant error I received is when making calls from my Landline phone, it states that "The number I have dialed" XXX "has not received a response from my service provider." Also, when I call from my cellphone to my Landline phone connected to my OBI device, my computer gmail will ring for incoming call, but my landline will not ring at all and the call will eventually just go to Google Voicemail.

Couple things I tried so far with this forums threads and support suggestions is, I have installed the latest firmware to my OBI 202 device. I put the OBI 202 Ip Address in my Router's DMZ setting, and changed both my Router WAN DNS and my OBI 202 WAN DNS to be linked to Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I also logged into my Router NAT path through settings and made sure SIP path through is turned off. Unfortunately, even after these troubleshooting methods, my Landline still experiences these connection drops even when my OBI 202 shows the status to be connected on OBItalk.com. One method that almost always works as a temporary fix is when I reboot my OBI 202. This fix lasts for about 10-20 minutes and then again my landline keeps making periodic drops on receiving inbound and outbound calls.

Some people here online have stated that this can be an issue with the power brick, but I would assume the device would not turn on at all if that was the case, yet along stay connected with no errors on Obitalk.com dashboard. My only other issue is it might be my landline phone dropping the calls or the Ethernet / Phone connector cables, but they have been working for over a year with no problem until recently and all look like are in decent shape.

Please let me know what I can do to restore consistent connection to my OBI 202 device and landline phone so that it does not drop inbound and outbound calls. Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Viktor

Quick update, since I use two phone configurations on my OBI 202, where 1st configuration is my Landline house phone and 2nd is the Printer for my Fax. I can confirm that when rebooting OBI 202 both of them work fine, however shortly after the reboot, Either calls are not coming in or going out through the landline, while my Printer Fax configuration works fine or vice versa occurs. This is really confusing now since I can't imagine both connection to be damaged on the wiring end since both devices have worked in the past and now are not working randomly. Also, luckily my modem is powered by a similar AC/DC adapter so I was able to swap it out with my OBI device which is next to my modem, the issue still persisted starting with my Printer not receiving call through fax. Do you guys think its the OBI 202 hardware failing? Would love to hear any recommendations.

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.