News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Tweaking WiFi setup

Started by hodag, February 22, 2020, 08:28:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hodag

I have an Obi202 that connects via a dual-band router using the WiFi dongle.  When I tweak some of the options on the 5.4Ghz radio to increase speeds to AC clients, the Obi connection will drop.  However, the Obi should run just fine on the 2.4Ghz radio which has a unique SSID and its own set of radio parameters.

When I go into the Obitalk interface and select "Expert" I can see a list of 20 preferred access points along with dialog boxes for the passwords.  However, when I try to change any of the options on this page nothing happens (i.e. all fields are essentially "grayed out").  I thought of connecting directly to the Obi via Ethernet, but my old computer died and my new computer does not have an RJ-45 connector for a cable; the only physical ports on this device are for power and USB.

How do I get Obitalk to let me specify a preferred SSID?

SteveInWA

You've fallen victim to the classic OBi newbie mistake:  you need to un-check BOTH boxes to the right of a parameter to enable the value to be edited.  See the screenshot below.

hodag

Thanks Steve.  I thought I was going nuts.  I have had this Obi for about five years, and it still surprises me from time to time. :P