News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 110 with fax machine

Started by anis_ber, October 09, 2011, 11:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anis_ber

Sorry if this has been discussed before
I'm struggling using my MFC-J410w with obi110, to be honest I even don't know which cable to where.
I'm using GV, this website http://www.freefaxonline.org/send-free-fax-through-google-voice/ and many others said that they were successful sending faxes with GV, I dont care about receiving

please tell me where I should plug cables and if there is anything that I should setup on my obi110 and all in one machne

Thanks

Dale

This is what I did.

Obi110 phone jack -> FAX machine -> telephone instrument. (Normal fax connections)
On the FAX config menu I looked for the transmission speed and set it to 9600.

I sent a text fax without any problems, Obi110 using Google Voice as its service.

anis_ber

Quote from: Dale on October 09, 2011, 12:26:10 PM
This is what I did.

Obi110 phone jack -> FAX machine -> telephone instrument. (Normal fax connections)

I sent a text fax without any problems, Obi110 using Google Voice as its service.

Thx that was helpful, I was able to place faxes but only one was delivered. I did change the speed, in my brother I set compatibility from normal to basic which is voip compatible, that's what it says in the manual.
I tried many combinations, adding 1 to fax number but no luck

MyGoogleVoiceNumber–-2-–NumberOfFaxReceivingMachine#

I will try another fax number and see

QBZappy

anis_ber,

Fax related issues usually bring up these two settings when troubleshooting. See if this works.

Error correction mode (ECM) = turn off
baud rate = 9600 or lower
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Stewart

If, after taking QBZappy's advice, you still have trouble faxing, you might try another (not free) VoIP service, e.g. Callcentric.  They could also serve as a general backup for GV and if desired, provide real 911 service at $1.50/mo.

Alternatively, try a service such as FaxZero (free service is limited to two three-page faxes per day and includes an ad on the cover page).

pc44

Quote from: Stewart on October 10, 2011, 12:30:51 AMAlternatively, try a service such as FaxZero (free service is limited to two three-page faxes per day and includes an ad on the cover page).

Don't forget GotFreeFax !! (free service is limited to two three-page faxes per day and includes NO ads at all !)

www.gotfreefax.com

pc44

medmansri

Quote from: pc44 on October 11, 2011, 09:02:40 AM
Quote from: Stewart on October 10, 2011, 12:30:51 AMAlternatively, try a service such as FaxZero (free service is limited to two three-page faxes per day and includes an ad on the cover page).

Don't forget GotFreeFax !! (free service is limited to two three-page faxes per day and includes NO ads at all !)

www.gotfreefax.com

pc44

Thanks for the info

superdad

This is what I did.

Dale;
I am trying to do this with my Obi202 but I can't find these options in the Obi portal. How can I change any FAX settings in there? I am trying to get an HP Officejet8600 fax with GV or freephoneline. Thx

Rick

Quote from: superdad on December 21, 2012, 06:58:44 AM
This is what I did.

Dale;
I am trying to do this with my Obi202 but I can't find these options in the Obi portal. How can I change any FAX settings in there? I am trying to get an HP Officejet8600 fax with GV or freephoneline. Thx

Maybe that's because the settings to slow the fax machine are on the fax machine...   ;)