News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 and Caller ID - Shows Up In History, Not On Phone

Started by F2Go, February 28, 2020, 02:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F2Go

I have an Obi200.  On SP1 I have Google Voice, on SP2 I have an Anveo number.  Calls are coming in and going out totally fine.  However, I'm getting no CallerID information.  No number, no name (which I know is hit or miss).  My phone just says "Incoming Call".  It's not a phone issue - when plugged in directly to the landline, Caller ID information comes through fine.  And, when I've tried other phones with the Obi200 box, still no Caller ID.

I did all the investigating about settings on Google Voice and Anveo - all seems fine.  Also, the Google Voice number rings to my cell and landline - both show the Caller ID.

I followed suggestions here and read about getting into the System Status web browser page for the Obi200.  I was able to go to Call History.  And there, the Caller ID numbers are showing up fine.  So Google and Anveo are sending the data to the Obi200.  The problem seems to be between the Obi200 and the phone.

Thoughts?

drgeoff

Use Expert mode on the portal to look at the Physical Interfaces, Phone Port page for your OBi200.  In the Port Settings section are two lines: CallerIDMethod and CallerIDTrigger.  They should be "FSK (Bell202)" and "After First Ring".  If they are not, you need to untick both boxes at the right hand end before you can make the correction.

F2Go

By the way, just to give more details - it looks like up until Feb 20th, I was getting Caller IDs on both the Google Voice and Anveo number through the OBI200 and this handset.  As everyone already knows, I wasn't getting names - I was getting the caller's 10 digit number without any spaces or dashes as the name, and the 10 digits with dashes as the number.  Since then, no names, no numbers, just "Incoming Call" with no information (on various handsets connected through the Obi200 box).

F2Go

I've got more details, which now have me completely baffled.  Although I'm not getting any CallerID information on incoming calls through any line, I AM getting CallerID information as usual if I'm talking to someone else and it comes in during Call Waiting.  So, in short, Call Waiting/Caller ID is working, but regular Caller ID is not ;-(

drgeoff

Quote from: F2Go on March 01, 2020, 12:39:30 PM
I've got more details, which now have me completely baffled.  Although I'm not getting any CallerID information on incoming calls through any line, I AM getting CallerID information as usual if I'm talking to someone else and it comes in during Call Waiting.  So, in short, Call Waiting/Caller ID is working, but regular Caller ID is not ;-(
Is the phone directly connected to the OBi with one cord? Not via house wiring, not via splitters etc.