News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem adding device to Obitalk

Started by CraigBi, November 03, 2020, 02:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigBi

Hello,
I recently purchased an OBI200 and am having problems adding it to my Obitalk account.
I created an Obitalk account using my Google account, then went to add a device. I intend on using this as a fax line with my Google Voice number. I've connected the OBI200 to my fax/printer and have tried "sending a fax" to the **5 number listed when adding an account, however I get a fast busy.
Is it possible to add the device using a fax machine? I'm pretty familiar with codecs and SIP devices and don't need any replies regarding the ability to fax using this configuration.
I'm more interested in why dialing the **5 number is creating a fast busy.
I've also reset the device for good measure.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

Please delete all of your duplicate posts.

Unplug the fax machine's telephone cord from the OBiTALK device.  Plug in an ordinary touch-tone telephone.  Try the procedure that way.

jwk1jesse

I need a bit help with similar topic..... so i thought i would just post here...

I am a long-term obitalk user. I have a 202 as my office line. I am adding an employee do purchased a new 200 from amazon. Device connects to the network fine. Can log into it. DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and the service shows it is connected to the server. I am able to call the test line and get the echo test just fine. Aso says no firmware update is available.

Now the problem, I am trying to add the device to my account. When at the screen of "dial **55xxxx I do that, and get a response that "it has been sent to the server"..... but nothing happens, the count-down keeps counting and just times out. Any ideas? Is there a way to manually add the device?

Thanks in advance for the help!

SteveInWA

Quote from: jwk1jesse on November 05, 2020, 05:51:12 PM
...and the service shows it is connected to the server...
What do you mean, exactly?  That statement seems to contradict your problem below.  Look only at the OBiTALK dashboard, at https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev

On that page, if you see a device entry for the new OBiTALK device, and it has a green status bubble, then it is "connected" to the OBiTALK server.  If so, then you have already completed the "add device" procedure.  If the device isn't shown, then you need to add it. 

When at the screen of "dial **55xxxx I do that, and get a response that "it has been sent to the server"..... but nothing happens, the count-down keeps counting and just times out. Any ideas? Is there a way to manually add the device?

I assume you made a typo in the statement above.  The correct command is **5xxxx, not **55xxxx.  If you enter **5xxxx and it fails, try again tomorrow.  If that fails again, contact Poly for support.  Their portal has been even more flaky than usual lately, and it's probably not your fault.

jwk1jesse

I apologize..... i should have been more clear....

when I said connected, I meant when I log into the device under status -> system status. In other words there are no errors about being unable to connect....

thanks, will check in the morning.