News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stuck offline

Started by ABCDEFGH, November 07, 2020, 10:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABCDEFGH

Hi there

My Obi200 went offline earlier this week and won't come back. I have restarted it a few times, have gone into the dashboard and reconnected to my Google Voice account and saved settings. The ObiDashboard is stuck at 'Configuring' and I get a dialtone but when I call a number I get the message "Network Status IP Address Unavailable". I'm stuck, any ideas?

Thank you!

Mike

drgeoff

Report back here with what you hear after dialling ***1.

ABCDEFGH

It says 'Your IP address is unavailable, your DHCP is enabled'. I have restarted the router, checked the network connection etc. The power light on the OBi is blinking slowly and the network light is flashing quickly. There is a light at the other end of the network cable at the switch indicating there is a connection. Thank you!

SteveInWA

First:  power off your router, your OBi device, and any Ethernet switches in between the two.  Wait a minute, then power on the router.  Wait at least 5 minutes for the router to reboot and reconnect itself to your ISP.  Plug the OBi device directly into your router, using a different Ethernet cable.  Make sure the connections are secure.  Power on the OBi and wait a few minutes for it to reboot.

Pick up the phone and enter ***1.  Does it now get an IP address?

ABCDEFGH

Thanks for your help. I restarted the switch and replaced the network cable just in case and now I have an IP. Very odd. All is well now. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Have a great rest of your weekend

Mike