News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why is my phone ringing at 3:45 AM?

Started by darb21, October 11, 2011, 09:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darb21

Hi everyone-

Is there anyway to figure out why my phone was ringing for 10 minutes at 3:45 AM?  I have the device registered to voip.ms  and have no circles of trust set up for direct OBi to OBi calls.  All of my calls should be coming in through voip.ms.  Phone started ringing at 3:45 AM with the caller ID of "100"...  no other info.  No answer on other line, then hang up, and same thing happened again.  This went on for 15 minutes.  I got up and rebooted the OBi, and it still came through.  Finally stopped at about 4 AM.  I updated the firmware (after it stopped) and then went to back to bed.

Any way to figure out what those calls were?  My call detail in voip.ms doesn't show any calls for today, so I don't think it was coming from them.

What gives?

Thanks,
-Brad

Diana

I think this thread addresses the issue:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1104.0

Maybe you should change your SIP Port from 5060 or 5061 to 5080 and that should take care of the problem and/or block callerid "100", instead of "asterisk" as outlined in that referenced thread.  Changing "X_UserAgentPort" to 5080 will allow you to register to any VOIP.ms Server.  BTW, are you port forwarding 5060 to your OBi Device IP Address?

Quote from: Northern.Bob on June 30, 2011, 11:48:41 AM
Try just changing these two settings in Voice Services>Sp1 and/or Sp2:

X_UserAgentPort (5060)

This port is the UDP port for tx/rx SIP packets which by default is 5060 and is being hit by script kiddies looking for trouble. At least that's my understanding.

I set mine to 5065 and so far...  no "asterisk" problem. All other default port settings were left as is to be able to register with Voip.ms.

X_InboundCallRoute  (ph)

which I changed to {asterisk:},{(xxx):},{'asterisk':},{('asterisk'):},{ph}

which hopefully dumps any incoming "asterisk" CID or three digit sets to null.

Worth a try.

N.B.

darb21

Quote from: Diana
I think this thread addresses the issue:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1104.0
That does look very similar to my issue.  Thanks for the link!

Quote from: DianaMaybe you should change your SIP Port to from 5060 or 5061 to 5080 and that should take care of the problem and or block callerid "100", instead of "asterisk" as outlined in that referenced thread.  Changing "X_UserAgentPort" to 5080 will allow you to register to any VOIP.ms Server.
I've had a couple of the "asterisk" calls come through as well.  Maybe try both solutions...

Quote from: DianaBTW, are you port forwarding 5060 to your OBi Device IP Address?
I am port forwarding 5060 external to 5060 on the OBi.  This was done at the request of support staff from voip.ms in an attempt to help with another issue which was dropping registration.

I'll try some of these solutions and hopefully that'll cure my issues.  Thanks again!
-Brad

Stewart

Quote from: darb21 on October 11, 2011, 10:22:37 AM
I am port forwarding 5060 external to 5060 on the OBi.
That should not be a problem.  If you change the OBi SIP Port to 5080, also change your router to forward external 5080 to 5080 on the OBi