News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Play Internet Radio when Callers Connect?

Started by threehappypenguins, April 22, 2020, 02:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threehappypenguins

I have an Obi202, and I want to set things up so that when someone calls a number for a specific SP (like SP3 or something), then they are connected with listening to an internet radio station. I have an Icecast server running on another device on the same network as the Obi, and would like to connect callers with our church services when they are live. Is it possible to do with the Obi?

I know there is the MOH (Music on Hold) feature, but I'm confused because it requires an address like audio@server.com. But internet radio is usually an m3u or pls.

drgeoff

Quote from: threehappypenguins on April 22, 2020, 02:36:24 PM
I have an Obi202, and I want to set things up so that when someone calls a number for a specific SP (like SP3 or something), then they are connected with listening to an internet radio station. I have an Icecast server running on another device on the same network as the Obi, and would like to connect callers with our church services when they are live. Is it possible to do with the Obi?

I know there is the MOH (Music on Hold) feature, but I'm confused because it requires an address like audio@server.com. But internet radio is usually an m3u or pls.
My initial thought is that even if you get the incoming call directed to your streamer, the system will be limited to one caller at a time.  Is that adequate for you?

threehappypenguins

One caller at a time is better than nothing. But... is there a way to have multiple callers?

ubergoober

Are you trying to serve an older audience that doesn't use the internet?  Lately I've seen a lot of live Youtube church services.

drgeoff

Carllindsey

It is not known if the device you connect to is in sync with the memory requirements of the MOH. I usually listen to music online and rarely use the music downloader. Nowadays, the internet is developing strongly geometry dash lite, so it is easy to use online applications and quick song selection. Spotify is the most used app.

drgeoff