News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HP M479FDW Fax Auto Answer

Started by breezytm, April 23, 2020, 06:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breezytm

Hey All,

I hope everyone is staying safe. I have a question regarding OBI200 with Google Voice and faxing. I can send and received fax but I have not been successful at auto receiving the fax. It has been manual thus far. Otherwise the phone just rang and nothing happened. I set the number of rings on the phone attached to the OBI200 and set the fax to be one ring or two higher but same result.

I read in several threads in HP forum where HP support says it is because their printers are not design for VOIP. However, I have also read many cases where people say they have gotten it to work.

My setup is as followed: OBI200 -> Printer/Fax -> Phone (OBI200 is configure with Google Voice and Callcentric for e911)

SteveInWA

Google Voice isn't designed to do that.  Use a fax mailbox, instead.  Callcentric, for one example, has a fax server.  All you need to do is sign up for an inbound phone number with them.  It'll email you the documents as PDF or JPG files.