OBI200 calls dropping after 15 min/ intermittently can't make or receive calls

Started by VegasNumbersGuy, April 29, 2020, 11:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasNumbersGuy

I've been going through the recent forum posts related to this to find an answer and I've tried several suggestions to no avail.
My problems:
1) My calls will last 15 min 32 sec then a blast of static for 2 secs and silence. The other caller gets a disconnect tone. Most times I can redial the person and continue the call, sometimes I get the second issue. This started Apr 16th.
2) After a unknown amount of time, I won't be able to make or receive calls. If I call out, I get the error message that I didn't receive a response from the service provider. Incoming calls just go to voicemail. Started on or around the 16th as well.

I've tried several things to resolve this.
- turned off SIP ALG on my router
- Put the device in the DMZ
- Turned of DNS Relay
- Enabled IPSec VPN
- Turned on UPnP and IP4 Multicast
- Removed GV from SP1 and deleted it from GV settings. Re-added GV it to SP2

I tried the above one at a time to see if there was any change. No luck. I feel like this is an issue with router config but nothing I've tried has made any real difference.

My router is a Dlink DIR-882 vA1 with firmware 1.2 (Note: This is a new router installed on April 16th)
I'm connected to Centurylink gigabit fiber through their fiber interface device (DHCP with no login or special protocols in use).
I'm using an OBI-200 with firmware 3.2.2 5898EX

I've also been over on the GV support pages trying to get help there.
https://support.google.com/voice/thread/42052122?hl=en&dark=0

Any help would be really appreciated...

Sheffield_Steve

So you installed a new router on April 16th and started having problems on .... April 16th.

I would give it a try with your old router..

Taoman

Quote from: VegasNumbersGuy on April 29, 2020, 11:19:21 AM
I feel like this is an issue with router config but nothing I've tried has made any real difference.
My router is a Dlink DIR-882 vA1 with firmware 1.2 (Note: This is a new router installed on April 16th)

Given that you installed a new router and that's when the problem started I would tend to agree with you. However, you also said you put your OBi in the DMZ and got the same results? In theory, that should eliminate your router as the source of the problem.

Do you have an Android or iOS device running the GV app? If so, I would go into the GV app settings and switch to "Prefer Wi-FI and mobile data" under "Make and receive calls." Then make some test calls using your cell phone which should be routed thru your router and see if you get the same results.

Sheffield_Steve

Well before doing anything else I would eliminate the router as the problem by removing it.

VegasNumbersGuy

I may try putting the old router back in place, but that is not a long term solution to my problem.
Is there anything else I can try with the router or obi200 settings that could resolve this?
Another thing I tried was removing OBI from my GV account and deleting the GV setup on SP1 and re-registering it on SP2. Everything was successful but I still have calls dropping and intermittent failure to make or receive calls. But, a new issue that came up is now my phone rings with a weak sounding double ring... :( wth?

Sheffield_Steve

Well before you can fix this you need to find the cause of the problem.

Put the old router back and see if it all works.  If it does the issue is with your new router not the Obi.  i.e. You know where to look then.

BrianA

Hi There
Anymore Updates on this issue?
I am having the same thing with my OBI200, On both incoming & outgoing calls, phone suddenly drops out about 15 mins into the call?
I can then call back or vice versa, plus it totally random, may not happen tomorrow, but the next day 3-4 times.
Also I have several people try to call, but it goes straight to VM and I am home , but the Phone didnt Ring ?
Is there any Suggestions or are there other experiencing these issues? ???

Thanks
Brian

Ps I dont have a Spare modem to Try either, just the one I am using....

ProfTech

I don't want to over simplify but... Get rid of Google Voice. The "static blast" was reported by a a lot of GV users and I don't have any idea if it was ever documented to have been fixed by Google.  :(

VegasNumbersGuy

UPDATE: Its been a couple weeks now and the system has stopped dropping calls at the 15 min mark. I think the last thing I did was to delete the registration on SIP 1 and deleted the auth for the Obi in GV and then I re-registered Obi using SIP 2.

One of the things that happened during all my attempts to correct this issue is that my phone now rings with a weak double ring. I think it is in the LINE settings but can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for all the help guys.

VNG

Taoman

Quote from: VegasNumbersGuy on May 26, 2020, 05:01:33 PM
I think it is in the LINE settings but can someone point me in the right direction?

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_RingProfile  (change to A) or

Voice Services-->SP2 Service-->X_DefaultRing  (change setting to a ring pattern you like)