News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

gvoice call sent to pc

Started by helpful55, April 30, 2020, 03:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

I think this may be a glitch, hopefully, but it has happened previously and randomly. Normally all my incoming calls are forwarded to my callcentric number that then rings my land lines through my obi100. Yesterday it rang the phone but also popped up the pc answering system on my pc page. The phone would not answer or stop the ringing. I don't think I even have this pc set up to answer calls and have no mike plugged in. I can call out just fine. I have not changed any settings. Is this likely just a glitch or what can I check or do?

(This has happened again with my next call. Gvoice was open in my browser when this happened (I have it open a lot of the time). I tried closing the page and then a re-call from the same caller went through normally. So it seems Gvoice is taking precedence on calls unless it is not open in my browser.)

helpful55

I found out what was apparently the problem. Callcentric has good support and they told me what to try. Under Call and my devices, I turned off Web under "Turn on the devices you want to answer calls on". That stopped this problem. I know I did not change that setting if that was what happened. I don't even think that the interface looked like this one the last time I looked at settings. So GV likely made that change or some other change that caused this. Typical.