News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Status is gray in the Portal

Started by biku, July 17, 2020, 06:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biku

It's been a year since one of my obis status in Portal never shows up as green. Existing SIP services work, but not google voice.
What would be the reason?
The one in US shows green, the other one in Ukraine never shows green, only gray and configuration or updates are impossible.

drgeoff

Quote from: biku on July 17, 2020, 06:56:30 AM
It's been a year since one of my obis status in Portal never shows up as green. Existing SIP services work, but not google voice.
What would be the reason?
The one in US shows green, the other one in Ukraine never shows green, only gray and configuration or updates are impossible.
It isn't able to communicate with the Obihai servers. Are you 100% certain that the SIP services are working?
Usual reasons for an OBi showing as off-line on the portal, not an exhaustive list nor in any order of likelihood:

1.  OBi isn't powered up - not connected to PSU, PSU not connected to AC, PSU faulty.

2.  OBi isn't connected to internet - faulty ethernet cable, ethernet cable unplugged, ethernet cable in wrong port of an OBi202, no internet service to router, faulty router, OBi configured with static IP parameters which are no longer appropriate.

3.  Faulty OBi.

4.  Deliberately locked by the Internet Service Provider or Ukraine government.

However I would expect all of those to result in SIP services not working.