News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I want same GV number on Two OBI Devices at separate locations

Started by Shayne, October 13, 2011, 04:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

I love the OBI Device so much, I purchased a second one.
Now I have one at my home and one at my office.
I setup the devices with my home GV number and my work GV number.
Device 1 has #___-0123 as SIP 1 and device 2 has #___-0123 as SIP 2.
When that number is called, device 1 rings, but device 2 does not.
Is there a setting to allow both devices to ring when calling my GV number?

Dav3yDark0

GV will only ring the last thing that registers to it, whether it be OBis or Google Chat, this is a GV limitation. But you can link up your 2 OBis to have the 2nd one also ring when a call comes into your GV on the main OBi.

Dave

Shayne

Do you know how I would do this? Are there instructions somewhere? I just got my second device this week.

Thanks

RonR

Assuming OBi #1 has your home Google Voice number configured on its SP1 and and OBi #2 has your work Google Voice number configured on its SP1...

OBi #1:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob200222222)}

OBi #2

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob200111111)}

where 200111111 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #1 and 200222222 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #2.

When either OBi gets a call on its Google Voice number, it will ring the local phone and the phone on the remote OBi.

yhfung

No matter which registers the server at the last moment, it always calls the opposite OBi1xx device.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

RonR

Quote from: yhfung on October 13, 2011, 09:38:31 AM
No matter which registers the server at the last moment, it always calls the opposite OBi1xx device.

You shouldn't be trying to configure a Google Voice account on multiple OBi's.  It's not going to work consistently/reliably.

Shayne

RonR or anyone else,

On device #1, which is at my house, I have:

SP1 - home GV # (xxx-0103)
SP2 - work GV # (xxx-0123)

On device #2, which is at my work, I have

SP1 - work GV # (xxx-0123)
SP2 - other GV # (xxx-0101)

What would I do for being able to have work GV # (xxx-0123) ring both devices in the current setup I have?

Thanks,

Shayne

Dav3yDark0

What you GV#s are doesn't matter, the OBi devices use the OBiTalk network to link, thus you use your OBi # which is on the sticker on the bottom of the device. Just put add OBi #'s into the config options RonR outlined. This will link your devices over the ObiTalk network and allow both OBi's to ring when your GV# is called.

Quote from: RonR on October 13, 2011, 09:29:11 AM
Assuming OBi #1 has your home Google Voice number configured on its SP1 and and OBi #2 has your work Google Voice number configured on its SP1...

OBi #1:

OBi #2

where 200111111 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #1 and 200222222 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #2.

When either OBi gets a call on its Google Voice number, it will ring the local phone and the phone on the remote OBi.

Dave

RonR

Shayne,

Comfigure one GV account on SP1 of one OBi and the other GV account on SP1 of the other OBi.

Do NOT configure both GV accounts on both OBi's.

Then set the InboundCallRoutes as I outlined.

Calls to either GV account will ring both OBi's.

Shayne

When I add, {ph,pp(ob200222222)} in the X_InboundCallRoute box, I uncheck the default tick to enter info, but after I hit submit changes, then reboot device, it goes back to the setting, ph and default tick is ticked.

Any ideas?

Stewart

Quote from: Shayne on October 13, 2011, 04:46:44 PM
When I add, {ph,pp(ob200222222)} in the X_InboundCallRoute box, I uncheck the default tick to enter info, but after I hit submit changes, then reboot device, it goes back to the setting, ph and default tick is ticked.
Set System Management->Auto Provisioning->Method: Disabled
Save, then put your routing change back in, save & reboot.

Shayne

Ok, I got that to hold.

Also, I have 3 different GV numbers.

Does your instructions mean, I can only use 1 GV number per OBI device? Each of my GV numbers have separate logins at google.com/voice.

RonR

You can put up to two GV accounts on an OBi.  You just can't use a GV account in more than one configuration.

Stewart

Quote from: Shayne on October 13, 2011, 05:22:38 PMDoes your instructions mean, I can only use 1 GV number per OBI device? Each of my GV numbers have separate logins at google.com/voice.
You can have two GV numbers on one OBi (if you don't use a SIP provider), but you cannot directly register the same GV number on more than one OBi.

However, an incoming GV call can be forked to up to three other OBi devices.

Shayne

So, then would this work?

SP1 - home GV # (xxx-0103) - this number only used once
SP2 - work GV # (xxx-0123) - this number used also on device #2

SP1 - work GV # (xxx-0123) - this number used also on device #1
SP2 - other GV # (xxx-0101) - this number only used once

Shayne

Shayne

Or do you mean,

SP1 - home GV # (xxx-0103)
SP2 - other GV # (xxx-1351)

SP1 - work GV # (xxx-0123) --------> with your notes, I can get this one to also ring, device #2 at xxx-1351
SP2 - yet another GV # (xxx-0101)

RonR

No, you cannot put a Google Voice number on two OBi's at once.

RonR

Quote from: Shayne on October 13, 2011, 05:33:46 PM
Just want it to ring on both devices.

All trunks (SP1, SP2, OBiTALK, and LINE Port) have their InboundCallRoutes set by default to ring only the PHONE Port : ph

You can have any of these also ring another OBi's PHONE Port using the OBiTALK Service by replacing ph with {ph,pp(ob200123456)}, where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi you also wish to ring.  You can ring up to four destinations total : {ph,pp(ob200111111),pp(ob200222222),pp(ob200333333)}

gckorn

Hi Ron,

I've set it up as you said (below) with two different GV numbers.  But it rings OBI phone #1 only one time before going to OBI phone #2.  Is there another setting that needs to be changed to allow BOTH phones to keep ringing?

Also, I noticed that the OBI Attendant now answers, requiring the caller to type "1" to continue.  Why is that and can that be disabled?

Lastly, I think because the OBI Attendant now answers, the phones no longer ring all the listed phones (e.g., my cell phone) on Google Voice.  So this setup seems to be eliminating that key feature of Google Voice.

Thanks in advance.
Gary
OBi #1:

OBi #2