News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I want same GV number on Two OBI Devices at separate locations

Started by Shayne, October 13, 2011, 04:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

gckorn,

You apparently have the OBiTAK InboundCallRoute set to go to the Auto Attendant.  The default is:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ph

which would ring the PHONE Port and not go to the Auto Attendant.  It's the Auto Attendant answering that stopping the PHONE Port from ringing on the first OBi.

gckorn

Hi Ron,

I changed OBiTALK service to:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ph

It still does the same thing, 1 ring, then the Attendant answers, then accept with 1 then it rings other phone only (with no ring through to GV when no answer).

I did notice a number of red exclamation points.  I can list these for you if they matter.

Please do email your phone number to me at gckorn@gmail.com if we can possibly go over this.  It should work.

Thank you,
Gary

RonR

Gary,

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal for configuration.  If you really must use it, here are the instructions:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

It's a whole lot faster and much simpler to just log into the OBi directly and configure everything there.

If you do configure the OBi directly, you must disable Auto Provisioning:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

gckorn

Ron,

1.  I don't know how to login to the OBI device directly.

2.  Most folks would assume the web access is the way to go since that is what is presented when you login to OBI.

3.  I seem to have figured out the web access route settings:

a.  On the web interface, do NOT modify OBiTALK Service > InboundCall Route.  It should remain as is, and include a bunch of numbers (it gets these from the SP1 Services settings per Ron's earlier instructions).  If you modify it to "ph" it won't work, even with step B below.

b.  BELOW OBiTALK Service on the web interface is another item called AUTO ATTENDANT.  On THAT item, simply uncheck the first item, which is called "Enable" . . . i.e. as you said, AUTO ATTENDANT needs to not be enabled.

c.  With this change, I also found that it now also rings my cell phone.  So Google Voice is working too (it apparently had been stopped by the OBI Auto Attendant).

UPDATE:  Well, the above worked 1 time, then it stopped working.  AutoAttendant is back.

Gary

RonR

Garry,

I'm glad you got it figured out and everything is working the way you wish.

gckorn

Ron,

Well it worked once, ringing everything,  then in stopped and now back to the same problem.  Arghh.

Gary

RonR

Garry,

Do you have anything configured on your OBi's but a different Google Voice account on each?

gckorn

Ron,

I'm parsing through this.  OBI #1 settings work fine as I listed them, i.e., AutoAttendant gets turned off and all phones ring (including GV forwarding to cell phone).  

The problem occurs if I then set OBI #2 the same way.  At that point, when a call comes into the GV number connected to OBI #1, OBI #1 rings 1 time and the auto attendant comes on the line, which also blocks ringing of cell phone listed on GV.

So the issue is that the OBI #1 settings will work to turn off Auto Attendant, but when the same is done to OBI #2, auto attendant seems to become active again.

Each OBI is connected to an entirely different GV account.

Gary

RonR

Garry,

You're taking entirely the wrong approach to fixing this.  The Auto Attendant should NOT be disabled in any OBi.  The problem is incorrect OBiTALK InboundCallRoute rules routing OBiTALK Service calls to the Auto Auto Attendant.

gckorn

It's random.  Sometimes the Attendant picks up.  Sometimes it doesn't

gckorn

Hi Ron,

OK.  I've re-enabled auto attendant for both OBIs.  The setting you suggested for the OBITalk service (just ph) doesn't work. 

I guess I need to find someone from OBI who is familiar with the web interface, since that is all I have.

Gary

RonR

Here's my suggestion:

Go the OBiTALK Web Portal and delete both OBi's.  Do not re-enter them.

Using a paper-clip, depress the reset button in the bottom of each OBi and hold it for at least 30 seconds to return them to factory default settings.

Dial ***1 to determine the IP address of each OBi and log in using admin/admin.

Then configure each OBi as follows:

Both OBi's:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

OBi #1:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob200222222)}

OBi #2

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob200111111)}

where 200111111 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #1 and 200222222 is the OBiTALK number of OBi #2.

gckorn

Hi Ron,

I figured out the direct access (via ***1) and logged in directly to the OBI.  However, the command you identified is not listed.

Gary

Quote from: RonR on October 19, 2011, 03:46:26 PM
Gary,

I don't use the OBiTALK Web Portal for configuration.  If you really must use it, here are the instructions:

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

It's a whole lot faster and much simpler to just log into the OBi directly and configure everything there.

If you do configure the OBi directly, you must disable Auto Provisioning:

RonR

If you have updated your router to firmware v1.3.0 (Build: 2586), then expand System Management in the left pane and click on Auto Provisioning.  In the right pane, come down to ITSP Auto Provisioning and uncheck the Method Default checkbox.  Then select Disabled.  Then click Submit at the bottom of the page.  Then click Reboot in the upper right corner.

gckorn

Thanks Ron.  It is just ITSP Provisioning, not ITSP Auto Provisioning.  I made the change, rebooted, not working yet.  Allow me time to work on it.  Thank you for your help.

gckorn

Hi Ron,

Your instructions (removing from the web and doing it all via the device IP itself) seem to be working!  I've done 1 device so far.  The other will have to wait until I'm physically present. But so far it's working!

Thank you!
Gary