News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

All about how to manually enter SIP information for the obi300 device

Started by TrueNewbie, August 24, 2023, 08:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueNewbie

Greetings All. I'm so new to this brand and device it's scary. However, in this adventuresome quest, I have been searching for how to manually enter the SIP information my VOIP provider GOTO generously provided to get this horse out of the stall and onto the track.

Here's where I've been.
1. I'm able to log into the UI of the device. Wishing there was a cheat sheet of what each field means. Polycom seems to have missed on that feature & the concept of clarity.
More importantly, It's completely unclear where to enter the SIP information from GOTO.

2. I have created my Obi Talk account. They (Obi) haven't seen it of value to update the list of VOIP providers to include a major one like GOTO.
FOr Taoman. Updated Info: My device was an Amazon purchase. My obi300 has never been able to successfully added to the account. So no it doesn't show as a device.  I follow the instructions and dial the ** +Number sequence, but just get the 3 tones of no service plus the automated reminder that there is no service route for the call. Taoman you have provided just the right amount of information to encourage continuation of the attempts. Many thanks.
The device showing in the account is a softphone. Perhaps I should loosen the system up with that method.
So, I have to resort to a generic manual entry. Well, that seems to be the crux of the problem. Not to mention the endless looping of menu routes to nowhere.

3. Did my little echo test. Spent 20 minutes trying to stop answering my own voice questions.
4. Today. Taking a break from the madness of this dysfunctional UI and the sanity testing setup process. Maybe I'll return to the echo test to ask more specific questions. I might get a winning answer.
I'm begging for a way out of this matrix I'm stuck in. Can't get a phone to work to call for an exit.

If someone wants to drop a few crumbs of knowledge my way, it would be quite appreciated.
Also, if any specific information is needed to make those crumbs tumble sooner, let me know.
Thank you.
A True Newbie with an obi300

Taoman

Where did you purchase the OBi300?

You said you created an OBiTALK account. Does that mean you added your OBi300 to the OBi dashboard? Do you see it listed there? If so, try the following from the OBi dashboard:

1>Click on blue gear icon on far right
2>Scroll down to "Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)" and click on blue gear icon on far right of SP1
3>Scroll down and click on "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers" (Click on Accept if prompted about E911)
4>Under "Configure Service Provider Accounts" scroll down and select "Generic Service Provider"
5>You should now be on a screen where you can enter your SIP credentials. When finished, click on Save.

Give it some time and report back what you see on the OBi Dashboard under "Status."