News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two OBI100 on the same network?

Started by Chmodman, October 14, 2011, 08:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chmodman

I need two phone lines.  Is it possible to attach two OBi100's to my network, each with their own Google voice account?   I would think so, but I just want to make sure.

By the way, this products rocks.  So easy to set up and voice quality is awesome, I can't get over how this is free.  Almost as good as the other best things in life that are free...  :-*

Stewart

Using only GV accounts, there is no problem connecting two OBi devices to the same LAN.  If SIP accounts are also present on both devices, there is a problem with some routers, though you can work around that by configuring each device to use unique ports.  (You will probably want a SIP account on at least one device, to provide for 911 service and/or serve as a backup.)

Chmodman

I see thanks.  So, one of the OBi100's can be set to ring from its google voice number, but dial out using a SIP account (like callcentric with the E911 option)?

Stewart

You would normally set up the OBi to send 911 out on Callcentric and other calls on GV.

In addition, I recommend having it send toll-free calls on Callcentric as well.  If sent via SIPBroker, these calls are free.  That results in the CC service getting some regular use, so you know it's working, should it ever be needed for 911.  Upon request (and at no charge), CC will set up your service so the outbound caller ID matches your GV number.  You can always force a particular call to use one service or the other, by prefixing the number with **1 or **2.