News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice / Google Fi Setup

Started by bsdaiwa, June 23, 2020, 08:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Does anyone know if you can setup a Google Fi number that is also a Google Voice number on an OBi? The following was part of an announcement the other day from Google: "Google now lets Voice and Fi coexist on the same account".
I tried and received the following: "Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden".

Taoman

It's just being rolled out now and my understanding was that it was for G Suite customers only?

Hopefully, SteveInWA will comment.

SteveInWA

The announcement source is here:

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2020/06/use-google-voice-and-google-fi-with-same-google-account.html

This is NOT limited to G Suite users.

As always, all Google services are tied to a Google account (gmail.com or a G-Suite domain).  So, for a consumer Gmail user, you can have a Google Voice number and a Fi number on the same account, and, what's really significant, you can now forward your Google Voice number to your Fi number.

To the users who have tried it, and it didn't work:  you didn't read the Engadget article.  As with all Googly things, it's being rolled out in stages.  If it doesn't work for you today, then wait and try again another day.

bsdaiwa

OK, so the way I understand it you can forward your GV account number to Fi or visa versa but you cannot setup a Fi number on your OBi in one of the SP locations. What I was attempting to do was setup my Fi number on one of the SP's on an OBi200 not forward it. FYI my Fi number is associated with my G Suite account.