News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

not able to make international calls from phone connected to Obi200

Started by akbakb, September 30, 2017, 10:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akbakb

I installed OBI200 - I subscribed to google Voice
I am able to make local alls in US but not able to make international calls
The international number rings once and stops

GV from my cellphone connects international numbers but the phone connected t OBI 200 does not. I dial 011 91 XXXXXXXXX on the phone connected.. the country code 91 is for India

Please advise if I am missing any settings

Krishna

Michaeldaquila

In order to make international calls from Obi phones, you must dial your Google Voice number first and then dial 2 when the auto attendant comes up. Then try entering 011, followed by the country code and phone number and dial pound (#). This should route the call through Google Voice. Although I have Google Voice running through FreePBX and finally an Obi1062, that method should work on any Obi phone using Google Voice as a service provider. Let me know if that works.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Michaeldaquila on October 03, 2017, 05:13:38 AM
In order to make international calls from Obi phones, you must dial your Google Voice number first and then dial 2 when the auto attendant comes up. Then try entering 011, followed by the country code and phone number and dial pound (#). This should route the call through Google Voice. Although I have Google Voice running through FreePBX and finally an Obi1062, that method should work on any Obi phone using Google Voice as a service provider. Let me know if that works.

Sorry, but nope; that's not true.  You can directly call any international number in locations supported by Google Voice/Hangouts.  There is no need to call your own Google Voice number first, assuming, of course, that the dial string is valid.

Tkataria

Quote from: akbakb on September 30, 2017, 10:59:15 AM
I installed OBI200 - I subscribed to google Voice
I am able to make local alls in US but not able to make international calls
The international number rings once and stops

GV from my cellphone connects international numbers but the phone connected t OBI 200 does not. I dial 011 91 XXXXXXXXX on the phone connected.. the country code 91 is for India

Please advise if I am missing any settings

Krishna

Hi Krishna, did you able to figure out how to call International by phone. I am having exactly same problem. I have my GV service on Obi200 but when I call 011 91 .... the voice says "we cannot complete your call as dialed". Please let me know what I may be doing wrong. Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: Tkataria on June 29, 2020, 11:18:27 AM
Hi Krishna, did you able to figure out how to ...
@Tkataria
That person has not logged in here since making that first and last post 27 months ago.

You are NOT "having exactly the same problem".  How is the "The international number rings once and stops" the exact same as "we cannot complete your call as dialed"?

Are you sure you are dialling a valid and working number?