News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Brasil Caller ID

Started by bsdaiwa, April 03, 2012, 03:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Can anyone tell me how I can get the PSTN caller ID in Brasil to show?
Thanks

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

CID to show on the phone or on the Call history?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

On the phone and in the call history, but first priority is on the phone.

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

If the CID is showing on the call history, it should be showing up on the phone display. There have been issues here and there where CID showing up with unusual symbols like "+" in Europe. What is an expected format for CID in your environment? Perhaps the OBi needs to be able to format according to to local method. There is someone else on this forum who has documented how to setup the OBi in Brasil. You might want to search the threads.

Best--
Eu sou dos Açores
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

bsdaiwa

The call history is blank in the peer name and peer number fields. I really don't know the format for in Brasil but I know that they have CID. I tried to communicate with Larrybob, who is the individual who setup his OBi110 for Brasil, but he has never answered and I can't see anything in his posts that addresses this issue.

RevKev

I can't say that I know what it should be, but you might want to check/change CallerIDMethod and CallerIDTrigger under Phone Port settings.

bsdaiwa

Thanks, I went in and set the callerIDtrigger to prior to the first ring and I now see the CID number not the name in call history. It doesn't show up on my phone(s) but its a start.

QBZappy

bsdaiwa,

If the call is coming in using sip, Caller name is usually a paid service from the service provider. If you are testing with GV, don't expect to see it as it is not part of the service. If call is over the PSTN and you subscribe to CID service, then that service usually provides the name and number.

If possible try confirming that the cell or phone you are using is indeed passing both name and number to a regular phone set with CID display.

RevKev

QuoteThanks, I went in and set the callerIDtrigger to prior to the first ring and I now see the CID number not the name in call history. It doesn't show up on my phone(s) but its a start.

Hmm, just a thought, is it possible that you service provider sends CID before the 1st ring but your phone expects it after? Do you get CID on the phone when the phone is plugged directly to the line (no Obi)?

larrybob

Brazil uses different caller id systems with different providers in different parts of the country. I even had the sytem used change after a power failure!. Try using the Swedish selection, if that does not work, try the others. There are caller id sytem converters that you can find on the internet , that will convert form one caller id method to the others in both directions, i found one on ebay for about $25. However, i think one of the caller id settings on the obi should work for you.   Larry

bsdaiwa

Thanks to guidance from larrybob, I finally got Caller ID working. Here is what I have and and the settings I made.
Using OBi110 connected to a AT&T model CL82409 cordless phone sold in the US, I set the Line Port on the OBi to DTMF (Finland Sweden) and the Phone Port to FSK (Bell 202) and the CallerIDTrigger to Before First Ring. Based on those settings I now see the Brasil Caller ID and the USA Caller ID sent from GV.
Larry said that the phones he helped setup were phones made for sale in Brasil and he used the Finland Sweden settings for both Line and Port but since my phone(s) were made for the US market they were waiting for the Bell 202 signal.
A big thanks to Larrybob....