News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to call SIP address directly (not via ITSP)

Started by SeanTek, July 18, 2020, 09:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanTek

On the Obi1000 and Obi2000 series, how can one call a SIP address directly without passing the SIP address to the ITSP?

On an OBi2182, I have three services configured: SP1 = Google Voice, SP2 = Callcentric, SP3 = Voip.ms.

When I try to call a SIP address directly (including the @domain part), I get error 901 on SP1 (Google Voice) and SP3 (Voip.ms). However, when I try to call the SIP address directly on SP2 (Callcentric), the call connects.

I have a few SIP addresses on speed dials. The speed dial that is set to **2SIPAddress@domain.com always works, because it always selects SP2 (Callcentric). The speed dial that is set just to SIPAddress@domain.com will fail on SP1 and SP3.

I believe what is going on, is that the dial string is passed to one of the SP servers, which then decides what to do with it. Or something.

Is there a way to tell the OBi1000/2000 to dial a SIP address directly without passing it to any SP line, or what is the workaround here?

SeanTek

I am not sure what exactly I am supposed to be looking at, but on April 17, 2020, RonR wrote:

QuoteYes.  Any OBi can make and receive calls using SIP URI's.  No special settings are required other than having at least one SPx Service configured for SIP.

RonR also wrote:
QuoteWith no service provider configured on an OBi110/100...

I'm able to use Speed Dials (or the keypad) to make outgoing calls via SIP URI:

SP2(18005551212@sip.tollfreegateway.com)
SP2(18005551212@76.10.223.207)
SP2(883510000000091@sip.inum.net)
SP2(883510000000091@81.201.82.25)

And I'm able to receive incoming calls from DID's via SIP URI:

xxxxx@ronr.dyndns.org

There should be no reason an OBi202 can't do the same thing.

On an OBi2062, I have SP1 = Google Voice, SP2 = Callcentric, SP3 = 382com, and SP4 = Voip.ms. Attempts to call a SIP URI (with the @ sign and a different domain name) on SP1 and SP4 fail. Attempts to call a SIP URI on SP2 and SP3 succeed.

I also tried using SP5 and SP6 (which are "not configured" as RonR stated), and they did not work. Specifically, when I tried SP5/6 by selecting the line and then entering the SIP URI, I got error 901 on SP1 (Google Voice)--which means that the OBi did not even try to use the SP5 or SP6 configuration settings. I also tried **5SIPURI to try to force the use of SP5 (and **6SIPURI for SP6), but that did not work either. I got the "could not connect/operator" sound (no 901 error display). Looking at the history, those attempts all got redirected to SP1.

I also tried using **9 for OBiTALK just to make sure: I got error 404 Not Found.

Now, I am aware that SP5 and SP6 are unconfigured, but RonR clearly wrote: "With no service provider configured..." so what is the minimum configuration necessary to ensure that a SIP URI actually gets dialed, or that the SP gets attempted? SP5 configuration says the check box for "Enable" is checked, but no other settings are set up.

azrobert

A provider must be defined on the SP you use. A dummy provider can be defined like this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile E -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP5 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP5 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP5 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: E

SeanTek