News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why is everyone selling the Obi202 as Obi212? Where can I find Obi212?

Started by stockjock, August 15, 2020, 06:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stockjock

Just bought an "Obi212" on Amazon and sure enough they sent me Obi202.  Looks like they've been doing this for a couple of years, according to the reviews.

Found other online sources for Obi212 and it seems they're actually offering Obi202.

Why is it that there seems to be such universal confusion about this product?  The model number is listed right on the item, on the box and on the instructions.

Also, is there an actual source to buy Obi212?  Thanks in advance!

TyroDave

I have been looking for the OBI212 and have run into this problem. I ordered an OBI212 from Amazon and received a n OBI202, which I returned. Seems this is a common problem (based on reviews).

Where can I order the OBI 212 besides AMAZON?
If you have managed to get a 212, where did you buy it?

jccpa

Amazon doesn't care and continues to ship OBi202 when OBi212 is ordered.

Try NewEgg. They ship actual 212's in their 212 boxes ;)

SoNic67

What's the difference?
The second jack is an FXO port versus a second FXS on the 202?

jccpa

Quote from: SoNic67 on June 25, 2021, 08:44:27 AM
What's the difference?
The second jack is an FXO port versus a second FXS on the 202?

Quite a few differences. 202 has more features, supports Line1/Line2 multi-line phones in PH1 port.
212 supports PSTN line as both incoming and outgoing

Biggest use for me is ability to add PSTN line to the VoIP system, including ringing other VoIP phones. Allows hybrid phone system that also fails over to direct PSTN PH1-LINE connection upon power failure for backup use.

202 cannot use PSTN in any way, since the OBiLINE adapters are discontinued (heard they were unreliable?)

These are the main items, beside the firmware status and other items being more complete in the 202