News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't access voice mail of freephoneline

Started by crazyToronto, October 17, 2011, 05:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazyToronto

Hi.

I have search the forum and tried methods mentioned in topics like 'accessing voicemail of voip.ms' but to no avail.

Logging to the device at 192.168.x.x. in SP1, I tried to enable 'MWIEnable', 'X_VMWIEnable' which were disabled by default. MessageWaiting was enabled somehow already. But whenever I enable one of 'MWIEnable', 'X_VMWIEnable' or both and reboot, for a few seconds after reboot, I can hear the stutter tone and then the device will reboot by itself and both settings are disabled again.

Is there anything I missed? I have updated to the latest firmware of OBI110.

The wired thing is both settings are ON when I check via OBITalk expert mode.

BTW, is there a star code to access voicemail? I used to use *98 but I noticed it's used as blind transfer in both star code profiles.

thank.

Stewart

For the first problem (changes getting wiped out), set Auto Provisioning Method to Disabled, or read http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0 for other options.

Try removing *98 from the relevant star code profile.  If no luck, see what Call History shows after attempting a *98 call.

Diana

Quote from: crazyToronto on October 17, 2011, 05:59:13 AM

BTW, is there a star code to access voicemail?

thank.

If I am not mistaken, *97 should also allow direct access to your Voice Mailbox after entering your 4-digit pin!

RonR

Logging to the device at 192.168.x.x. in SP1, I tried to enable 'MWIEnable', 'X_VMWIEnable' which were disabled by default. MessageWaiting was enabled somehow already. But whenever I enable one of 'MWIEnable', 'X_VMWIEnable' or both and reboot, for a few seconds after reboot, I can hear the stutter tone and then the device will reboot by itself and both settings are disabled again.

To configure the OBi directly, you must set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto PRovisioning -> Method : Disabled

or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite any changes you make.

BTW, is there a star code to access voicemail? I used to use *98 but I noticed it's used as blind transfer in both star code profiles.

Removing entries (including *98) from the Star Code profiles will not allow them to be sent to providers.

To send *98 to your SP1 provider, set:

Service Provides -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

crazyToronto

Thansk RonR, Steward and Diana.

It's working now.

What I did:
1. disable auto provisioning. (I missed this step before)
2. remove star code *98 (did this before)
3. modify digitmap as per RonR's advice. (Did this before)

then dial *98 to get to the voice mail.

I was confused before whether *98 is the star code from service provider or from my linksys adapter. Guess it's from service provider then. I saw in previous posts that some providers use *86 or *75.

RonR

Quote from: crazyToronto on October 17, 2011, 09:58:36 AM
2. remove star code *98 (did this before)

You should restore this setting to default.  Removing this from Star Code profiles does nothing good.

crazyToronto

Thanks RonR. I added *98 back and it still works.

RaymondDay61

I have messages on Google talk. So when I pick up the phone it does the sound saying have voice mail.

I got to the IP of my OBi110 and on the side "Setup Wizard" got "ITSP Profile A" then "Genera" In "DigitMap" I put

"(*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1734>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)"

it was

"(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)"

then I "Submit" and reboot. Do *98 on the phone and it talks back error 404 one.

I removed the Star Code *98 too under the "Star Codes" What is wrong?

All so before a min. can pas the OBi110 reboots on me and put the DigitMap back how it was!

-Raymond Day

DaveSin

In RonR post, where you got the information for the modification, there is section that told you EXACTLY what you need to do in order to make your changes stick.  Did you read that?

Quote from: RaymondDay61 on October 19, 2011, 07:30:16 AM
I have messages on Google talk. So when I pick up the phone it does the sound saying have voice mail.

I got to the IP of my OBi110 and on the side "Setup Wizard" got "ITSP Profile A" then "Genera" In "DigitMap" I put "(*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1734>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)" it was "(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)" then I "Submit" and reboot. Do *98 on the phone and it talks back error 404 one.

I removed the Star Code *98 too under the "Star Codes" What is wrong?

All so before a min. can pas the OBi110 reboots on me and put the DigitMap back how it was!

-Raymond Day

RaymondDay61

Yes after I posted this I went to the web page of the OBi110 I have. Under "System Management" then "Auto Provisioning" then I think it was "OBiTalk Provisioning" "Method" to "Disabled" but it shows under "Default" this checked. But it's keeping my seetings now any way.

I been testing this out. It's working good. But I can't get to my Google voice mail on the OBiTalk phone! It will say back in voice rejected because 404 server error.

On my Google Voice account I changed "forwards calls to:" from my cell phone to my "Google chat" Then tested calling my Google number with my cell phone and it wants me to put in my pin and I do and then I can play the voice mails. To bad can't do that on the OBiTalk phone. It can be done right? If so how?

I guess Google voice did not yet set it up to my Google Chat yet still has my cell. I guess it takes time.

-Raymond Day

RonR

Raymond,

Adding the ability to dial *98 to a Google Voice trunk will not accomplish anything as Google Voice does not support *98 (or any Star Codes).  Remove the *98| rule from your Google Voice DigitMap I posted.

To retrieve voicemail from a Google Voice account, you simply dial your own Google Voice number from your Google Voice trunk.

RaymondDay61

Thank you Ron. That's what I just did. Because that's how I did it with my cell phone. I called my Google Voice number with the OBiTalk and then could play all the messages. It says what to press to do what. Till I did not have any.

But the phone is still doing the like 4 dail tones on off then the full dail tone to say have messages. I guess it takes time to do that.

With all the settings in the Obihai LAN web page I guess could set up a *98 to make it dail your own Google voice number to get your voice mail.

Thanks for the help. Looks like this is working real good.

-Raymond Day

RaymondDay61

There is a way to set up Google Voice in the DigitMap place. You put in you Google Voice number and it works real good.

Just looking at post in here it's here.