News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to? SP1=GV, SP2=911 via Callcentric

Started by Daniel, August 25, 2011, 05:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

I've searched and found dozens of often conflicting explanations of how to set up OBi110 for 911 service.

I'd like all calls by default to go over GV on SP1. If I ever dial 911, I want that to go via my Callcentric account on SP2 (which I've already set up).

Can someone tell me exactly what to do to set things up so 911 would go over SP2?

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Daniel

Should there be a S0 in there (or is that in the digit map?) somewhere so 911 immediately dials when matched?

EDIT:
Got it.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911S0|411S0|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

in my digit map.

rocoto

I was also searching the forums to find out how to use callCentric for 911 and GV for others.  The following answer was good for another newbie, but I don't think I will ever understand it.

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},

Does anyone know a simpler way to get this done?

RonR

Quote from: rocoto on September 16, 2011, 10:35:40 AM

Does anyone know a simpler way to get this done?

Are you having difficulty making that change?  That's the only way to accomplish having 911 calls get sent to SP2 in a safe/reliable way.

rocoto

I wouldn't even know where to start with that string of numbers, letters,brackets,symbols and parenthesis.  I set up GV as primary an callcentric as secondary.  Dial **2 to access secondary and then dial 911.  I really don't understand.  Do I need a degree in engineering to set this up?

RonR

rocoto,

Well, you don't really have to understand it to use it.  It's simply a copy/paste to put it into the OBi.

rocoto

Okay, I found it.  Thank you     Its been a long day of rewiring the phone, setting up GV, and getting everything to work together.  I really appreciate the help, I need to get something to eat

Phrontis

Hello,

I'm trying to make the change indicated above, through OBI Expert Configuration. But when I try to edit the field "OutboundCallRoute," I'm unable to make any changes. Perhaps there's some initial setup, which allows me to edit fields? Any suggestions?

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: Phrontis on October 19, 2011, 01:19:35 PM
I'm trying to make the change indicated above, through OBI Expert Configuration.

OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

It's a whole lot faster and easier to configure the OBi directly at the IP addressed returned by dialing ***1.

If you configure the OBi directly, you must first disable Auto Configuration:

System Management -> Auto Configuration -> ITSP Auto Configutation -> Method : Disabled

Phrontis

RonR,

Thanks for your suggestions. I was able to configure the OBi through the direct IP address. However, I couldn't "Auto Configuration" under the "System Management" menu. (See attached screen shot.)

Instead, I was able to edit the OutboundCallRoute through the Setup Wizard page. First I deselected the "Default" checkbox for that field. Then I rebooted the OBi and returned to the Setup Wizard page and was able to edit the OutboundCallRoute. (See screen shot.)

Now I just wonder if there's a way to test that 911 works, without making a real emergency call!

Thanks for your help.

Stewart

Quote from: Phrontis on October 19, 2011, 03:15:27 PM
Now I just wonder if there's a way to test that 911 works, without making a real emergency call!
IMO you should make a real 911 call -- in addition to stuff at your end, you want to be sure that you reach the right PSAP and they have your correct address.

First, call your police non-emergency number and ask for permission.  They will probably tell you what is a good time of day when emergency traffic is light.  When you call 911, immediately tell the dispatcher that this is not an emergency and you are just testing.  Confirm that you reached the right agency.  Have them confirm that your number and physical address are displayed correctly.  Thank them.

Also, set up your OBI so toll-free calls go via Callcentric.  You can route them via SIPBroker if you want them to be free.  That way, your CC account will get some regular use, so you can be confident that it will be available should you ever need it in an emergency.