News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 can call out, but the phone doesn't ring.

Started by buhuo, October 18, 2011, 11:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buhuo

Hi, I have tried many times to set up Obi110. The SIP provider is Freephoneline. Below is the SIP information.

SIP Username:              177880242??
SIP Password:               XXXXXXXX
Inbound/Outbound Proxy:voip.freephoneline.ca
Registration Expires:       180 to 3600
Use Preferred Codec:      G711U or G729a
Use Preferred Codec Only:No
RTP Packet Size:            0.020
Ring Tone Frequency:     52
Ring Tone Voltage:         90
Recommended Linksys Dial String:(911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
(please note that this is a Linksys dial string we use for our devices and may not work with third party, non-Linksys/Sipura devices)

I have entered these values into ProxyServer, AuthUserName and AuthPassword. Other items are the default. Then it can call out, but it doesn't ring. I have tried many times to set up it , it is only ringing 3 times.

What can I do now?

QBZappy

buhuo,

Hi, you can try this;
1) verify the System Status of the OBi unit to see if it says registered and it stays registered
2) Port forward the RTP ports to the OBi ITSP Profile A= OBI 16600-16798, and Profile B= 16800-16998
3) Check call histories in the OBi and in FPL

Then try again.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

buhuo

I have checked it out.

1) It stays registered. It shows          Registered (server=208.65.240.142:5060; expire in 29s)
2) Yes, Port forward the RTP ports to the OBi ITSP Profile A= OBI 16600-16798, and Profile B= 16800-16998
3) In FPL, it shows all call in and call out history.In Obi, the call history is normal.

buhuo

I means the Obi can call out, but when I call in, there is no ring in Obi, so I can't receive the calls.

Stewart

If you call your FPL line and it should be ringing, can you pick up the phone and talk?

When your line should be ringing, what does the OBi's Phone and Line Status page show?

After a failed call, what appears, if anything, on the Call History page?

buhuo

When I call this FPL line, it doesn't ring. There is no any tone in the phone even if I pick it up then.

Calling out is always OK.

In the Obi110, it shows 'Number of Active Calls: 0' when calling this FPL line, and there is no inbound record in call history.

In FPL call logs, it shows 'Disconnect reason' is 'Normal calling clearing' after calling this FPL number, but there is no ring.

QBZappy

buhuo,

Sign into your FPL acct and have a look in the "Settings" -> "Call follow me settings" to see how you setup the "Follow me settings".

1) What do you have setup in "Follow me status:"
2) What do you have setup in "Follow me mode:"
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

buhuo

1)"Follow me status" is Disable.
2)"Follow me mode" is "Always call forward".

and "Voicemail to email" is "none"
"rings before voicemail" is 5.

buhuo

I have tried another ATA, it can call out and call in. Everything is OK.

RonR

buhuo,

Verify the following setting by logging directly into the OBi:

Voice Services -> SPx -> X_InboundCallRoute : ph

where SPx is the FPL trunk (SP1 or SP2).

If you have something different there, please post the value.

buhuo

Yes.

SP1 ->  X_InboundCallRoute : ph
the FPL trunk is SP1

Stewart

Try changing X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 5070 or from 5061 to 5071.  If no luck, try forwarding that UDP port (the new value) in your router to the OBi.  If still no luck, post details of router and modem.

buhuo

I have tried changing  X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 5070 or from 5061 to 5071. After I changed it, then in first calling in, it rings and can talk and can hear "tick" periodically 7s , but in second calling in, it rings and no voice in the phone, in third calling in, no ring.

Because I'm not very familiar with my router, I don't know how to forward this UDP port in my router to OBi. I'm learning it. I appreciate that you can tell me how to do it.

In Security log in my router, it shows a lot of errors. Do you think the router blocked this UDP port?

"Oct 19 14:36:20 2011   Firewall Error   Firewall internal   SIP ALG: Failed parsing. Error code: -1019 [repeated 2 times, last time on Oct 19 14:36:20 2011]
Oct 19 14:36:02 2011   Firewall Error   Firewall internal   SIP ALG: Failed parsing. Error code: -1020 [repeated 4 times, last time on Oct 19 14:36:18 2011]"

QBZappy

Quote from: buhuo on October 19, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
"Oct 19 14:36:20 2011   Firewall Error   Firewall internal   SIP ALG: Failed parsing. Error code: -1019

OBi recommends to disable SIP ALG. Try doing this in your router.

buhuo

Thank you very much! I'm trying to find how to disable SIP ALG. My router model is Dlink BCM96358

onecanobi

buhuo

No. Telus customer representative said they couldn't change the setting online. So I have no idea what to do now. I have tried this Obi110 in my friend's home, his provider is Shaw Cable, everything is OK.

lhm.

Buy a new router or hack the existing one to disable ALG.

onecanobi

My issue is with a TPLink WR340G router -- and the fact that I'd eventually like to have more than one SIP provider. Doing permanent port forwards ruin that option.

I'm wondering if I can use a dd-wrt to run just a SIP bridge of somesort that maintains the sessions as a gateway proxy.

RonR

Quote from: onecanobi on November 02, 2011, 01:48:03 PM
My issue is with a TPLink WR340G router -- and the fact that I'd eventually like to have more than one SIP provider. Doing permanent port forwards ruin that option.

Why does doing permanent port forwards prevent you from having more than one SIP provider?