News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot create user defined digit map

Started by suyog, August 27, 2020, 06:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suyog

I have Obi200 at home.  My service provider is Google Voice.
I want to define a digit map and use it to block incoming calls with phone numbers that match the digit map.  However I am not able to enter anything in the form that supports digit maps.
Here is the process I followed:
1. Login with my gmail account
2. Go to OBi Dashboard
3. click on "Advanced Configuration" (icon at far right)
4. Click on "User Settings"
5. Click on "User defined Digit Maps"
I can now see a form.  One digit map "ipd" is already defined.  I am not able to enter anything in the box labeled "Label".  I am also not able to enter anything in the box labeled "DigitMap".
Why am I not able to enter anything in this form?  Is this a permissions issue?  Is there a special "admin" login?  If so how do I login as admin?
Thanks in advance.

Taoman

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the field you wish to edit.

suyog

That worked.  Thanks a lot Taoman.
I defined a digit map named "blk" and its value is "140859xxxxx".

Now how do I use this to block all incoming calls starting with 140859* ?
Under "Physical Interfaces" I clicked "PHONE 1".
There is a OutboundCallRoute field but no InboundCallRoute field.
Should I edit the CallReturndigitMaps to use the newly created digit map "blk"?

Regards,
Suyog

drgeoff

Quote from: suyog on August 28, 2020, 02:41:12 PM
That worked.  Thanks a lot Taoman.
I defined a digit map named "blk" and its value is "140859xxxxx".

Now how do I use this to block all incoming calls starting with 140859* ?
Under "Physical Interfaces" I clicked "PHONE 1".
There is a OutboundCallRoute field but no InboundCallRoute field.
Should I edit the CallReturndigitMaps to use the newly created digit map "blk"?

Regards,
Suyog
The InboundCallRoute configs are in the Voice Services pages.

See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13055.msg83657#msg83657

suyog

Thanks, drgeoff.  You are very helpful.

I have defined a digit map called "blk" as follows:
(140859xxxxx | 1630322xxxx)

So the following setting should drop all calls from all 11 digit phone numbers starting with 1408859 and 1630322, but allow everything else.  Am I right?
X_InBoundCallRoute {(Mblk):},{ph}
Note that before I edited the X_InBoundCallRoute field, its value was just "ph" (without double quotes).
Regards,
Suyog

drgeoff

Quote from: suyog on August 28, 2020, 03:15:46 PM
Thanks, drgeoff.  You are very helpful.

I have defined a digit map called "blk" as follows:
(140859xxxxx | 1630322xxxx)

So the following setting should drop all calls from all 11 digit phone numbers starting with 1408859 and 1630322, but allow everything else.  Am I right?
X_InBoundCallRoute {(Mblk):},{ph}
Note that before I edited the X_InBoundCallRoute field, its value was just "ph" (without double quotes).
Regards,
Suyog
Correct.

azrobert

Is this working for you? GV sends an 11 digit callerid preceded by a plus, so your digit map should look like this:
(+140859xxxxx | +1630322xxxx)

drgeoff

Quote from: Dustins on September 05, 2020, 04:22:42 AM
A digit map can be used to match digits to ensure a complete number is dialed, transform dialed digits, and block numbers from being dialed. Its structure is a series of rules that read from left to right.
What are you trying to say by that "read from left to right"?

The order of the rules (the parts between the | separators) in a Digit Map does not matter.  All the rules are evaluated and considered.  Unlike the {rule} parts of an InboundCallRoute or OutboundCallRoute which are evaluated in turn, left to right and the first one found to match is acted upon and thus the order is critical.

See "Matching Against Multiple Rules in Digit Map" on page 199 of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

suyog

Quote from: azrobert on September 01, 2020, 11:56:10 AM
Is this working for you? GV sends an 11 digit callerid preceded by a plus, so your digit map should look like this:
(+140859xxxxx | +1630322xxxx)

Thanks azrobert.  No it was not working because I was getting calls from the numbers I blocked.  Now I know why.  I have added the "+" and we will see how it goes.  Thanks again.