News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Curiosity - multi Obis on same GV account

Started by PDX_Mark, October 22, 2020, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDX_Mark

This is a curiosity, nothing more . Please refrain from talking about GV TOS , etc.

If I have say 3 obis registered to the same account(s) in 3 different locations (Locations A, B & C) lets say Obi202s . I would assume that Google will ring all Obis simultaneously with no problem, but once the call is answered I want to know if I can transfer to another location, from A to B or B to C, etc.

I have seen that I can add multi Obis to the same portal for some enhanced operabilioty is the ability to transfer calls between Obis one of these enhancements?

Thans

Mark

drgeoff

Quote from: PDX_Mark on October 22, 2020, 10:54:38 PM
This is a curiosity, nothing more . Please refrain from talking about GV TOS , etc.

If I have say 3 obis registered to the same account(s) in 3 different locations (Locations A, B & C) lets say Obi202s . I would assume that Google will ring all Obis simultaneously with no problem, but once the call is answered I want to know if I can transfer to another location, from A to B or B to C, etc.

I have seen that I can add multi Obis to the same portal for some enhanced operabilioty is the ability to transfer calls between Obis one of these enhancements?

Thans

Mark
You can transfer by calling the other OBi over the Obitalk network.  **9 followed by the 9 digit number of the remote OBi.  Set up a speed dial to ease that.  Read the Admin Guide for how to do the various kinds of transfer and 3-way conference call.

Note that this does not "move" the call from one OBi to another. The GV connection is still to the OBi which initially answered. It is then bridged over the Obitalk network to the other OBi.

PDX_Mark

HonestAbe

@drgeoff, from you answer it appears that call transfer between obi devices for GV calls, is operational. I recently tried setting this up and calls drop after being transferred. After a little search in the forums, I realized that this is known issue for several years now. Has this been fixed? Is there something I missed?

TIA

drgeoff

Quote from: HonestAbe on October 26, 2020, 07:19:31 AM
@drgeoff, from you answer it appears that call transfer between obi devices for GV calls, is operational. I recently tried setting this up and calls drop after being transferred. After a little search in the forums, I realized that this is known issue for several years now. Has this been fixed? Is there something I missed?

TIA
I've never needed to do it so cannot give a definitive answer either way.

PDX_Mark

QuoteI've never needed to do it so cannot give a definitive answer either way.

Funny how a few posts ago you were the expert!