News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will changing service provider change phone number?

Started by tcoder, April 30, 2018, 07:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcoder

I currently have SP1 as Anveo 911 and SP2 as Google Voice.  If I change SP2 to OneSuite, will my phone number change?

drgeoff

Quote from: tcoder on April 30, 2018, 07:54:14 AM
I currently have SP1 as Anveo 911 and SP2 as Google Voice.  If I change SP2 to OneSuite, will my phone number change?
Yes, unless OneSuite is able and willing to port in your number from GV, you ask them to do it and you pay any applicable charges for that porting which are levied by GV and Onesuite.

ccass1156

Question / Description:  I use obi and just recently signed up with Anveo so we have the ability to call 911.  The problem is now when I make a call my obi number does not show up on incoming calls for others (the people I am calling). The number that shows on their phone is my Anveo account number.  Does anyone know how to correct this, so it shows my obi phone number?

drgeoff

Quote from: ccass1156 on March 04, 2021, 01:15:14 AM
Question / Description:  I use obi and just recently signed up with Anveo so we have the ability to call 911.  The problem is now when I make a call my obi number does not show up on incoming calls for others (the people I am calling). The number that shows on their phone is my Anveo account number.  Does anyone know how to correct this, so it shows my obi phone number?

The only "OBi number" is the 9 digit number on the underside of your OBi. That will display only when you call another OBi device by dialling **9 followed by a 9 digit number.