News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice configuration failing at the "select account" step itself

Started by Globetrot, December 10, 2020, 02:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globetrot

Had an issue with the google voice not working on my obi 200, so I deleted the account. Now I'm not able to get to the Google account selection page at all - get the "Support.google.com refused to connect message" on the page where I would normally login/ choose my google account.

Anyone faced this issue?  Any tips?  I've tried with and without the work VPN, in a regular browser window as well as in a new private browsing window.

Taoman

I just tried it and got the same results. You can actually click on the Accept button and continue. However, the configuration process never finishes even though the OBi device showed up in my Google Voice account. It leaves SP1 as "service not configurerd."

OBiTALK servers seem to be really messed up.

drgeoff

Quote from: Taoman on December 10, 2020, 06:25:45 AM
I think there is more messed up than the servers.  The whole Obihai business appears to have been going down the pan since Poly acquired it.

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on December 10, 2020, 07:01:19 AM
Quote from: Taoman on December 10, 2020, 06:25:45 AM
I think there is more messed up than the servers.  The whole Obihai business appears to have been going down the pan since Poly acquired it.

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

Taoman

So as it stands right now based on my testing and multiple posts/threads, Poly is selling OBi devices (most of which were purchased to connect to Google Voice) and there is currently no way to add the device to the OBiTALK dashboard nor configure it to connect with Google Voice.

This truly sucks. AFAIK, SteveInWA is the only one who has direct contact with Poly/OBi support personnel. Let's hope he is monitoring the forum and making contact with them and will post any response he gets.

SteveInWA.....HELP!

@drgeoff: just noticed you're closing in on 5000 posts. You've helped a lot of people over the years. Kudos to you.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on December 10, 2020, 09:53:51 AM

So as it stands right now based on my testing and multiple posts/threads, Poly is selling OBi devices (most of which were purchased to connect to Google Voice) and there is currently no way to add the device to the OBiTALK dashboard nor configure it to connect with Google Voice.

This truly sucks. AFAIK, SteveInWA is the only one who has direct contact with Poly/OBi support personnel. Let's hope he is monitoring the forum and making contact with them and will post any response he gets.

SteveInWA.....HELP!

@drgeoff: just noticed you're closing in on 5000 posts. You've helped a lot of people over the years. Kudos to you.

@Taoman, ha!  I loved the scrolling red help signal.  Kinda like the bat-signal.  Yes, I have been lurking and seeing these multiple failures.  I can't promise any results, but I'll reach out.

Breakfast2000

Hi All -

I have been in touch with support and they explained that they are aware of configuration errors and their technicians and engineers are working to resolve the issues. She also explained that the are going to be posting updates on the website. Although, I cannot find where..?
~ ~ ~

-Broadcasting Engineer
-Certified Broadcast Network Technologist, SBE
-Coffee Addict

Globetrot

Thanks for your assistance in trying this out and for the confirmation that I'm not the only one with this issue. 

To me, this is a major issue, as the obi device is essentially useless for me at the moment.  I hope the Obi team finds the issue and addresses it ASAP!.

Quote from: Taoman on December 10, 2020, 09:53:51 AM

SteveInWA.....HELP!

SteveInWA

Yah, I did reach out, too, so let's hope this barrage of nagging has produced results.