News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't configure Google Voice

Started by MrKenW, January 18, 2021, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKenW

I have an Obi200, which worked flawlessly with Google Voice for several years. Today Google Voice shows as 'OFFLINE' under SP1 in the ObiTalk dashboard. The only thing I did today that could have affected this was power-cycle my router in the process of setting up a new access point in my home wifi network.

I am logged into my Google Voice account in one tab of my Chrome browser. I am logged into my ObiTalk account in another tab of the same browser window. When I click 'Google Voice Setup' for SP1, I am taken to the page where I confirm my Google Voice account. The Google Voice settings show my Obi number as an authorized device. Everything looks fine, but when I click 'Finish' I get a spinning icon for about a minute, and then SPI shows as 'Offline' again.

If I try to make a phone call, I get a recorded message saying 'The number you called (XXX-XXX-XXXX) did not receive a response from the servicer provider.'

All my other Internet services seem to be working normally - web browsing, email, Netflix, Roku, etc. Only the Obi200 is down.

Suggestions?

drgeoff

Please do not post the same question more than once.

Other potential responders are requested not to do so in this thread.

Hermans

Quote from: drgeoff on January 19, 2021, 02:52:18 AM
Please do not post the same question more than once.

Other potential responders are requested not to do so in this thread.

Drgeoff, Are you posting this type of helpful response often?
While You may be a super techie, I would venture to say that most people that come to the forum only come here when they have an issue. Now, while it may not keep things super neat if people do not search through many posts to find if the question was asked already, It would certainly be helpful if a user with a vast amount of posts, would just paste a link to the post that already asked the question... It would be helpful to everyone. UNLESS! The vast amount of posts racked up by a certain user was basically just telling other users that they are re-posting a question (Oh the horror). CERTAINLY, no one appreciates that nonsense.

drgeoff

It has nothing to do with neatness.

When someone starts multiple topics asking the same question the replies tend to get spread across them. Not only does the questioner then need to look for answers in multiple places but it also places unnecessary burden on potential responders to see if the question has already been answered to the satisfaction of the questioner.  This is especially troublesome when multiple responders are doing so in separate threads. Keeping track of what advice has been given and its result is much more efficient for everyone when all the discussion is in one single place.

Hermans

Understood, and agree completely.
The Mods (perhaps you?) should be able to cut and paste the offending placements of posts to their correct places as well as admonish the transgressors.
NO ONE likes or is able to read through a thread that is dozens of pages long with hundreds of non-essential info, just to weed out the fix.

But I digress, and I apologize again.

drgeoff

I am not a moderator.  None of the regular posters are.  We have no more ability to change anything on the forum than you have.

It is true that the forum software frequently leaves a poster with the initial impression that the posting has failed. However a 10 second check of the forum home page will show if that is not actually the case.  Even when a poster is misled into duplication the situation can be easily remedied by using the "Remove" button.

MartinInSeattle

I am having this exact same problem.  Can anyone here help?

oak949

i had the same problem yesterday. Then I looked in my LAN IP address, it appears that the information from obitalk.com does not get pushed to the local device.

Today I had a mediocre success by doing a full reset. Maybe you can skip step 4) and let me know?

1) I did a factory reset with removing the device from the obitalk server website, waited and hour
2) At the same time: Reset the physical device (press the factory reset for 10 seconds with paperclip, unplug the power, wait 10 seconds, power up, wait 10 seconds, release the paperclip.)
3) go to my account.google.com > Third-party access > google voice has access to google handouts > remove access
4) go the Google voice > legacy interface > Phones if the device is different (mine is) but after removing it, it never came back. this might be the issue for me. 
5) logout obitalk
6) and reinitiates as a new device without google voice. When I add the 'new' device , it says 'online', in https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev .
7) set up Google Voice again.
- Obitalk.com reports that the device is now connected, my accounts.google.com shows a new app having access, but...
X) Google voice > legacy interface > Phones DOES NOT show the device to forward calls to :( . Which makes me think that GV does no longer support adding OBITALK. Anyone has some insight. please ports.

SteveInWA

Quote from: oak949 on March 03, 2021, 03:28:23 PM
i had the same problem yesterday. Then I looked in my LAN IP address, it appears that the information from obitalk.com does not get pushed to the local device.

Today I had a mediocre success by doing a full reset. Maybe you can skip step 4) and let me know?

1) I did a factory reset with removing the device from the obitalk server website, waited and hour
2) At the same time: Reset the physical device (press the factory reset for 10 seconds with paperclip, unplug the power, wait 10 seconds, power up, wait 10 seconds, release the paperclip.)
3) go to my account.google.com > Third-party access > google voice has access to google handouts > remove access
4) go the Google voice > legacy interface > Phones if the device is different (mine is) but after removing it, it never came back. this might be the issue for me. 
5) logout obitalk
6) and reinitiates as a new device without google voice. When I add the 'new' device , it says 'online', in https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev .
7) set up Google Voice again.
- Obitalk.com reports that the device is now connected, my accounts.google.com shows a new app having access, but...
X) Google voice > legacy interface > Phones DOES NOT show the device to forward calls to :( . Which makes me think that GV does no longer support adding OBITALK. Anyone has some insight. please ports.

Your assumption is incorrect.

Don't use the "Legacy" Google Voice website.  It's irrelevant.

If the current Google Voice website (https://voice.google.com/u/0/settings)  shows the "OBiTALK device" and the OBiTALK portal shows the Google Voice service provider status as "Connected", then congratulations; it is working properly.

jsbeddow

When is Polycom going to get their act together and fix this?  I have been using an Obi200 and GV for at least 6-7 years without trouble until yesterday, when suddenly I ran into this issue.  Now every time I check the status on the ObiTalk portal (or on the device web interface itself) it either shows "Registration not required" for a short time after attempting to re-add the GV setup, then ultimately gives an IP address of "216.239.36.145:Token Expired"

I have fully reset my Obi200, removed it from the ObiTalk web portal, and unlike the troubles suffered by many others, I have been able to re-add it back into their registration system. I have also tried manually removing the Obi device from Google Voice, but of course because of this problem with the Polycom registration server, it never gets added back into Google Voice.  What the hell???

I have also tried fully removing the GV setup on the ObiTalk portal for SP1, and confirming that it does get removed on my device a few moments later. After waiting a few minutes, I repeat trying to add the GV account info on the Obitalk portal, and it does successfully push the info out to my Obi200 device, but I still have the "Token Expired" problem that I originally started with.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting past this point?

SteveInWA

Quote from: jsbeddow on April 16, 2021, 09:26:47 AM
When is Polycom going to get their act together and fix this?  I have been using an Obi200 and GV for at least 6-7 years without trouble until yesterday, when suddenly I ran into this issue.  Now every time I check the status on the ObiTalk portal (or on the device web interface itself) it either shows "Registration not required" for a short time after attempting to re-add the GV setup, then ultimately gives an IP address of "216.239.36.145:Token Expired"

I have fully reset my Obi200, removed it from the ObiTalk web portal, and unlike the troubles suffered by many others, I have been able to re-add it back into their registration system. I have also tried manually removing the Obi device from Google Voice, but of course because of this problem with the Polycom registration server, it never gets added back into Google Voice.  What the hell???

I have also tried fully removing the GV setup on the ObiTalk portal for SP1, and confirming that it does get removed on my device a few moments later. After waiting a few minutes, I repeat trying to add the GV account info on the Obitalk portal, and it does successfully push the info out to my Obi200 device, but I still have the "Token Expired" problem that I originally started with.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting past this point?

Read my instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076

It is important to follow every step, in order, and do not skip any steps.