News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need to move GV profile on Obi110 to Obi200

Started by Another1, January 26, 2021, 01:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another1

I used to own an Obi 110 which I had given away without resetting it.
I noticed today that the SP1 from my OLD profile "Daniel" has the primary GV number in SP1.
Is there an easy way I can purge the config from "Daniel" in case someone uses my old box and move my GV from Daniel to SP1 on "Obinew"  - I was uncertain if the Google Voice configuration still works and I didn't want to lose both GV numbers by making a change.  Thank you

jholme004

You will need to delete it on the old device and add it on the new. You cant "move" it from one to the other.

If you still had the old device, I would say Add it to the new device first, verify it works, then delete it from the old. You can connect multiple devices to one Google Voice Account - it treats them the same as if you had multiple phones with the app.

Since you stated you no longer have the original device and want to ensure the new owner cannot use your GV account,  go to the GV account for "Daniel", click the gear icon, delete the "OBITALK Device" that is listed. This will revoke the token on that device. If the device hasn't been removed from your ObiTalk profile, you can also try to delete GV account there and when the new owner plugs  it in, it should automatically download the new configs, assuming he hasn't factory reset it yet.
-Jason

Another1

Thanks very much I will try this tonight and report back.