News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Poriting from Google Voice to Anveo

Started by kebuchan, February 05, 2021, 07:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kebuchan

Hi all,

I'm in process of moving from GoogleVoice to Anveo on the Obi200, or at least I hope I am :-)

Setup the account/plan on Wednesday morning, unlocked my GV number, accepted everything.  Within 20 minutes of this:
- Phone line went dead, I believe the OBi status said 'not assigned'
- GV does not have my number any longer
- Phone line came active again, status shows "registered" on the Obi
- I can call out but the callerID shows as my Anveo account number (not the ported number).

The status is still the same.  When I call the ported number I get an error message saying "We apologize but this number is temporarily unavailable"

How do I find out the status of the porting request?

Do I need to do anything on the Obi to get it get this thing to take?  The Obi is definitely registered to Anveo, just not the number that we are trying to port.

Thanks!

Kevin

drgeoff

I suspect the only thing you need to do is exercise a bit more patience.  :)

kebuchan

Patience is doable... if I knew something was in progress.... no idea if it's being ported or waiting on something...

Any ideas on ETA for GV -> Anveo?  Given that GV is done with the number.

SteveInWA

After you unlock your Google Voice phone number, the next step is that the gaining carrier (Anveo's carrier) requests the number from the losing carrier (Google Voice's carrier).  Google Voice always approves these requests.  Then, the Unlock status changes to "Unlocked(Approved)".  At that point, Google Voice's involvement is entirely complete, and it has no further involvement nor ability to do anything about the port.

It may take another couple of days for Anveo to finish re-routing inbound calls.  I'd suggest you use a desktop/laptop computer's web browser, open an Incognito/private browsing window.  Sign into the same Gmail account you used to submit the port and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice/unlock.  Confirm that the number's status is either "Unlocked(Approved)" or that it says you have no numbers to port.  In either case, you'll have some information to use when you contact Anveo and nag them about the port's progress.