News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Setup

Started by brwct08, February 19, 2021, 06:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brwct08

I just bought OBi202. I have ATT Uverse, with BGW210 router. I get the flashing green power light. So the router won't assign an IP address. I am connected directly into the ATT router. The activity light is flashing also, so it's not a connection issue. I tried rebooting both devices and still nothing. Any suggestions?

N7AS

Please do not post the same subject more than once. Please delete your other duplicate post.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

Quote from: brwct08 on February 19, 2021, 06:29:39 PM
I just bought OBi202. I have ATT Uverse, with BGW210 router. I get the flashing green power light. So the router won't assign an IP address. I am connected directly into the ATT router. The activity light is flashing also, so it's not a connection issue. I tried rebooting both devices and still nothing. Any suggestions?
1. If the "activity light" that you mention is the middle one of the five LEDs on the OBi202 then you have not followed the instructions.  The router should be connected to the ethernet socket on the OBi202 labelled "INTERNET".  Not the socket labelled "LAN".

2.  If the above is not the cause, try another ethernet cable and use a different socket on the router.

3.  If the OBi202 is still not getting an IP address, reset it to default configuration.  Dial ***8 and follow the prompts.

brwct08

Thank You.
My apologies for the multiple posts, but every time I posted, I got an error and thought it wasn't posted. Again, my apologies. This is a great forum.

brwct08

After dialing the **5 I am seeing in device config an ID that is not my device. So I am timing out in the add device page. Not contacting server?

brwct08

I got it going after re configuring the router ports.

brwct08

I can make outgoing calls, but can not receive.

brwct08