News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Password reset fails

Started by jnmarshall, March 07, 2024, 10:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnmarshall

I own several devices, and know portal support has ended for some of them.  It I haven't been able to successfully reset my password, even to access the forums here. This is a differnt/new email. When I click the reset button from the link, I get a message "Could not change your password on the system".
Besides creating a new account, and trying to figure out how to move my supported devices, is there an other options for password resets?

drgeoff

Quote from: jnmarshall on March 07, 2024, 10:48:04 AMI own several devices, and know portal support has ended for some of them.  It I haven't been able to successfully reset my password, even to access the forums here. This is a differnt/new email. When I click the reset button from the link, I get a message "Could not change your password on the system".
Besides creating a new account, and trying to figure out how to move my supported devices, is there an other options for password resets?
You cannot move devices between accounts.  A device cannot be added to an account if it is still registered on another account.  It has to be first deleted from the account it is still registered to.  Obviously that cannot be done if you cannot log into that account. Anyway, probably pointless for OBi2xx devices as I expect that, just as previously befell OBi1x0 devices, even unregistered ones cannot be added to a dashboard.

Possibly Obihai tech support could have helped in the past to reset an account password.  I don't know if that is still a possibility.

jnmarshall

Quote from: drgeoff on March 07, 2024, 01:46:19 PM
Quote from: jnmarshall on March 07, 2024, 10:48:04 AMI own several devices, and know portal support has ended for some of them.  It I haven't been able to successfully reset my password, even to access the forums here. This is a differnt/new email. When I click the reset button from the link, I get a message "Could not change your password on the system".
You cannot move devices between accounts.  A device cannot be added to an account if it is still registered on another account.  It has to be first deleted from the account it is still registered to.  Obviously that cannot be done if you cannot log into that account. Anyway, probably pointless for OBi2xx devices as I expect that, just as previously befell OBi1x0 devices, even unregistered ones cannot be added to a dashboard.

Possibly Obihai tech support could have helped in the past to reset an account password.  I don't know if that is still a possibility.
I have other, still supported devices. Have reached out to obihai and Hp, per Poly's automated support, and not getting any assistance. The links to the support request form are also broken.

JohnE

I have the same problem - OBI200 stopped receiving and sending calls. Account will not recognize login, and refuses to reset the password.  Attempts open a fresh account fail as OBITalk says that email is already registered.  We are stuck.  Any advice folks?

jnmarshall

I received a very disappointing response from HP support. They are not interested in fixing their portal that is still needed and used with supported devices. Their response was for me to create a new account and buy new equipment! WTF KIND A ANSWER IS THAT?
With that kind of answer, I'm not looking to invest is new equipment and creating a new account if they can't even support their existing customer base!

TheLoom

In the past, I've asked Support to delete all devices from my old login account (a non Gmail account) so I can start over since I don't have access anymore to that non-Gmail account (it was a @domain.com account).  And HP Support did delete all devices from my old non Gmail account.  Once done, I logged in using the Sign in with Google and use 1 of my Gmail accounts to login.  Much easier.  Once in, I proceeded to re-add my devices and continue to provision with 3rd party Services (I have several) and it worked. That was under a OBi202 device.

And now that the OBi2xx series are EOL, I've move over to the OBi302 instead since I am not using consumer Google Voice Service anymore.  But I had to ask Support to "associate" both the OBi302 device to the same Gmail account login.  Once done, I simply re-provisioned back to same 3rd party accounts and done.  All calls successful, same as before but under OBi302 device now.

If you have 3rd Party Service Provider Account(s), such as Callcentric, or Ringcentral, or Phonepower, etc....I highly suggest moving over to OBi300 or OBi302 but use a Gmail account at the Sign in with Google to login.  Let HP Support people associate your login (Gmail account) with your OBi300.  Again, much easier. Good luck.

jnmarshall

Quote from: JohnE on March 25, 2024, 12:30:31 PMI have the same problem - OBI200 stopped receiving and sending calls. Account will not recognize login, and refuses to reset the password.  Attempts open a fresh account fail as OBITalk says that email is already registered.  We are stuck.  Any advice folks?
They are not supporting password resets or portal access apparently. Which is odd, because their response and solutions was to create a new account, using Google/Gmail, and buy all new devices. So even if you has an Obi3xxx, forget it.

jnmarshall

Quote from: TheLoom on March 26, 2024, 10:43:25 AMIn the past, I've asked Support to delete all devices from my old login account (a non Gmail account) so I can start over since I don't have access anymore to that non-Gmail account (it was a @domain.com account).  And HP Support did delete all devices from my old non Gmail account.  Once done, I logged in using the Sign in with Google and use 1 of my Gmail accounts to login.  Much easier.  Once in, I proceeded to re-add my devices and continue to provision with 3rd party Services (I have several) and it worked. That was under a OBi202 device.

And now that the OBi2xx series are EOL, I've move over to the OBi302 instead since I am not using consumer Google Voice Service anymore.  But I had to ask Support to "associate" both the OBi302 device to the same Gmail account login.  Once done, I simply re-provisioned back to same 3rd party accounts and done.  All calls successful, same as before but under OBi302 device now.

If you have 3rd Party Service Provider Account(s), such as Callcentric, or Ringcentral, or Phonepower, etc....I highly suggest moving over to OBi300 or OBi302 but use a Gmail account at the Sign in with Google to login.  Let HP Support people associate your login (Gmail account) with your OBi300.  Again, much easier. Good luck.
This is what I'm trying to do. But they do not support this. They want me to buy additioal Poly 3xx and start over using google/gmail to create new accounts. My old Obi2xx and Obi3xx they said were out of warranty and support.

TheLoom

Indeed, that is strange.  Are you sure?

Because my OBi3xx (OBi302) was out-of-support and out-of-warranty when I bought it.  I asked simply to add the OBi302 to my Gmail account login for OBiTALK and HP Support team simply did it.  No questions asked and they can also see that my OBi302 support/warranty coverage is no longer there.  I knew that I am not expecting support, not expecting warranty coverage because I am on my own to troubleshoot if issues arise and if hardware defect then it's S**T Out of luck because, again, the warranty coverage is nada.  My OBi202 is still good, that I can apply 3rd party Service (ITSP) locally (at device's web-portal) but that's too troublesome.  Preferred OBiTALK and so best to get the OBi302 into OBiTALK (use Sign in Google with a Gmail) and provision my 3rd party Service Accounts there.  But HP Support team will have to tied your OBi302 to your already-logged-in Gmail account first.