News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Provisioning Failure

Started by vsc1062, December 10, 2020, 07:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsc1062

I'm not sure when it started, but yesterday I updated the programmable keys on a 1062 phone via the web portal hitting the save button. But while the web portal reflects my changes, the phone continues to receive the older profile with the former setup for the buttons. I know this because if I edit the buttons directly with the phone, my changes are overwritten by the server.

Now what?

drgeoff

Quote from: vsc1062 on December 10, 2020, 07:43:38 AM
I'm not sure when it started, but yesterday I updated the programmable keys on a 1062 phone via the web portal hitting the save button. But while the web portal reflects my changes, the phone continues to receive the older profile with the former setup for the buttons. I know this because if I edit the buttons directly with the phone, my changes are overwritten by the server.

Now what?
The Obihai servers appear to be moving towards being completely f'd up.  As it seems to be beyond Poly's ability to fix them, I'm not sure there's anything you can do except disable Obitalk Provisioning (to prevent overwriting) and make your changes directly on the phone or with a web browser pointed at its local IP address.

vsc1062

Then it seems that Poly purchased Obi for the technology and is moving away from the "legacy" Obi products....

Even when I use expert to ignore the ObiTalk values, the ObiTalk data overwrites what is in the phone.

Moving on to disable provisioning profiles from their server... Sigh.

drgeoff

Quote from: vsc1062 on December 10, 2020, 08:30:20 AM
Then it seems that Poly purchased Obi for the technology and is moving away from the "legacy" Obi products....

Even when I use expert to ignore the ObiTalk values, the ObiTalk data overwrites what is in the phone.

Moving on to disable provisioning profiles from their server... Sigh.
There is no place on the portal to disable Obitalk Provisioning.  Only on the phone.  Can definitely be done with a browser on its local web interface.  Not sure if the screen/keypad interface can disable it.

vsc1062

I disabled Obitalk provisioning on the phone via its web page where I don't believe there is an option to do this from the screen/keypad.

It might be possible to delete the device from Obitalk and recreate it to get around the broken database on their end. But I had so much trouble getting their server to recognize the phone in the first place I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

drgeoff

Quote from: vsc1062 on December 10, 2020, 10:56:38 AM
I disabled Obitalk provisioning on the phone via its web page where I don't believe there is an option to do this from the screen/keypad.

It might be possible to delete the device from Obitalk and recreate it to get around the broken database on their end. But I had so much trouble getting their server to recognize the phone in the first place I'm leaving well enough alone for now.

Unless you want to use GV, which can only be configured via the portal dashboard, or remote configuration, everything else can be done via the phone's onboard web server. With or without the phone being registered to the dashboard.  

slennett

Don't remove it from the Obitalk portal. That is what I did along with a hard factory reset on the Obi device. After struggling to add it back to my Dashboard, now it won't provision at all. All 4 lines including GV, other VoIP provider, local Asterisk, can't be configured through Obitalk at this time.

I was able to restore using an old backup though the local web interface of Obi device. Some lines work with exception of the GV lines which sit at Service Not Configured. Even though everything looks like its there in Service Providers and Voice Services, it appears GV can't restore through a backup correctly.

drgeoff

Quote from: slennett on December 10, 2020, 11:17:14 AM
Don't remove it from the Obitalk portal. That is what I did along with a hard factory reset on the Obi device. After struggling to add it back to my Dashboard, now it won't provision at all. All 4 lines including GV, other VoIP provider, local Asterisk, can't be configured through Obitalk at this time.

I was able to restore using an old backup though the local web interface of Obi device. Some lines work with exception of the GV lines which sit at Service Not Configured. Even though everything looks like its there in Service Providers and Voice Services, it appears GV can't restore through a backup correctly.
OBi backups do NOT contain passwords*.  Also GV authentication isn't the same as the standard SIP username and password method.  That's one of the reasons it must be done via the portal while other SIP providers can be configured by putting SIP username and password in the appropriate boxes on portal or local GUI.

* See 'Important Note', middle of page 241 of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiPhoneAdminGuide.pdf

slennett

Thanks. I was aware of the passwords not being stored as I had to re-enter to clear 403 Forbiddens with other lines. Great for security purposes and not a big deal to correct for non GV lines. As for GV, I was hoping a restore would work but damn. Now stuck until this gets fixed.

I did reach out to a Polycom contact I have from work and I was told they sent my issue and the forum reported issues I provided over to the Product owner of Obi. But not so hopeful for any immediate turnaround.

slennett

It appears to have been fixed within the past hour or so. Provisioning through Obitalk is working now but wasn't working when a checked about 2 hours ago.

Gasman

We started using the PDSM-SP portal about 9 months ago and it was very responsive. You could make a config change to a base profile in the portal, save it and in a minute or 2 it had been pushed to the devices. Now if you make a change, it never updates the device. We have even tried to make a change, save it, and manually soft reboot the device and it still won't do anything. You have to change it to a new base profile before it will see that the device needs to update it's config. Even then we are still seeing some take longer for the changes to get pushed.

This is a complete waste of time if you ever have to update parameters. Come on Poly, fix your platform!

Quote from: vsc1062 on December 10, 2020, 07:43:38 AM

Now what?