News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to Add Obi Edition VVX-450 via GSUITE Admin Console.

Started by Chris__B, April 02, 2021, 09:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris__B

Good Day,

We have licensed Google Voice Standard thru GSuite for Education.  I am trying to add 12 x Poly VVX 450 Obi Edition via Admin Console.  Google Admin console throws error - unable to add device.  When I contact Google Cloud Support this is what results:

Latest update:

At 2021-03-31 18:38 US/Pacific:
Thank you for the patience. Our partner, Polycom, has advised that they identified an issue in their system with claiming deskphones as Google Voice devices. They are working on a fix at a high priority. We expect the fix to be deployed very soon.

Description:
When admin tries to provision a new acquired device there is an error message: "unable to assign number to desk phone", or  "deskphone model is not supported".

Workaround:
There's no workaround available at this time, but we'll let you know if we learn of one.

POLY MODEL VVX 450

SOFTWARE 6.4.1.1

https://storage.googleapis.com/voice-deskphone/polycom/6-4-1-1/6411.xml

SteveInWA

I assume you are posting this as just a "FYI", since there is nothing that anyone here can do about that problem.  It appears to be in the right hands now, to implement a fix.