News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem setting up Obie200 with entry system (key tones)

Started by tday01, April 26, 2021, 12:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tday01

Here is my tale of woe (US based)

In my small apartment building we have an entry phone system that uses a landline to call peoples units and allows them to hit a number (6 or 9) to open the door. The AT&T landline charge is ~$100 per month (because they can). I thought it would be great if we could use VOIP instead and safe ~$1200 per year.

Step 1: I connected my personal Obi 200 to the entry phone system and it worked great (thus leading me down the rabbit hole)
Step 2: Purchased a new Obi 200, configured with a Google Voice number and connected it. The entry system dials the apartment phone, but when you press the magic number, it no longer triggers the door opener.
Step 3 - 7: tried every combination of factory resetting both the new and old Obi200 boxes and putting the new and old Google Voice numbers in. Same issue. Entry system could call the apartment phone and be heard on the phone, but pressing 6 or 9 does not open the door.

I assume that there is an advanced setting somewhere that allowed it to work on the old box, but didn't after a factory reset.

Does anyone have any ideas?

(the new box is basically surplus if it doesn't work, so i don't mind risking messing with the settings.)

Thanks,

drgeoff

Try changing DTMF method to another option.  Use Expert mode on the portal.  You need to clear both boxes at the right hand end before you can activate the drop down.

tday01

tday01

I did a few more searches and found a thread about the "enable alarm system" setting causing problems with key tones. I reset everything and didn't set that setting and now it is working fine!

Thanks again