News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Detailed Guide to Configure Obi2162 to dial out using PSTN line on OBi212

Started by jccpa, April 27, 2021, 01:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jccpa

Credit to drgeoff, azrobert, ianobi, and all those who help each other selflessly

**Adapted from "A Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing for OBi Devices"

Devices DO NOT need to be in same ObiTalk group

Definitions:
218211111 = Obi2182, Remote Obi to be routed over 212 PSTN line
212222222 = Obi212, Obi with PSTN directly connectd
aaa = first 4 digits of area code
aaabbbcccc = 10-digit phone number to call
7*aaabbbcccc = Dialing format when typing numbers into 2162 to call
7 = Dialing format to call 212 attached phone
/ = comment. ignore it everywhere and whatever is immediately after

Note: Designed to route by area code. If ALL numbers to be routed
  out the 212 PSTN, replace both instances of [aaa] with xxx
  Remember to remove brackets as well

//
ObiTalk(.)com speed dial 7 for the Obi2182 group.
  **9212222222     /MAKE SURE YOU SET THIS, choose your number

//
Obi 212 / Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / InboundCallRoute
  copy default route that includes all your ObiTalk-registered devices,
     then clear both checkboxes and add to beginning:

{218211111>(Mli):li},                / don't forget the comma
  {218211111>(<+:>xx.|xx.):li},   /alternative option, strips + from incoming number

//
Obi 212 / Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / DigitMap
  unchanged, nothing to do here

(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

//
Obi 212 / Physical Interfaces / PHONE Port / DigitMap
  unchanged, nothing to do here. All one line, no spaces

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)
  |**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))  

//
Obi 212 / Physical Interfaces / PHONE 1 / OutboundCallRoute
  unchanged, nothing to do here. All one line, no spaces

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},
  {(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
  {(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},
  {(Mpli):pli}

//
Obi 212 / Physical Interfaces / Line / DigitMap

(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

//
Obi 212 / Physical Interfaces / Line / InboundCallRoute

ph

//
Obi 2182 / Voice Services / ObiTALK Service / DigitMap

[aaa] xxx xxxx|    /add this after first (

//
Obi 2182 / Voice Services / ObiTALK Service / InboundCallRoute
  unchanged, nothing to do here. Should be all your Obitalk(.)com registered
  devices in 9-digit rrrrrrrrr format, separated by pipe |

{(rrrrrrrrr|sssssssss)>(xx.):LI},{(rrrrrrrrr|sssssssss):aa},{ph}

//
Obi 2182 / Voice Services / Gateways &TrunkGrps / Voice Gateway1 / Name
  make up a name

vg1

//
Obi 2182 / Voice Services / Gateways &TrunkGrps / Voice Gateway1 / AccessNumber

PP(ob212222222)      / Obi212 number

//
Obi 2182 / Voice Services / Gateways &TrunkGrps / Voice Gateway1 / DigitMap
  unchanged, nothing to do here.

(xx.)

//
Obi 2182 / IP Phone / PHONE Settings / OutboundCallRoute
  copy default route that includes all your ObiTalk-registered devices,
     then clear both checkboxes and add to beginning:  

{([aaa]xxx xxxx):vg1},   / don't forget the comma

//

Want to see all the challenges without these steps? Look here:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18103.60

jccpa

Please test and let me know of any changes or additions? Thanks.

drgeoff

That is basically what I have had running for years.  My differences:

1.  OBi110 instead of OBi212.  OBi100 instead of OBi2182.

2.  I don't have a speed dial explicitly configured. Not clear why you need that.

3.  The OBi110 with PSTN line is in the UK.  Gateway calls coming in to that OBi are not sent directly to the LINE port but instead to SP1.  SP1 is registered to a FreePBX server which has time of day and day of week outbound routeing rules.  Those decide whether the call is to proceed over a SIP trunk on the PBX or be sent back to the OBi (SP2) to be DTMF dialled out on the PSTN line.

4.  The originating OBi100 (in Japan) has a User Defined Digit Map which caters for the vagaries of the numbers of the permitted call destinations.  That map is then used in its Phone port digit map and OutboundCallRoute.

jccpa

Quote from: drgeoff on April 27, 2021, 04:39:44 PM
That is basically what I have had running for years.  My differences:

1.  OBi110 instead of OBi212.  OBi100 instead of OBi2182.

2.  I don't have a speed dial explicitly configured. Not clear why you need that.

3.  The OBi110 with PSTN line is in the UK.  Gateway calls coming in to that OBi are not sent directly to the LINE port but instead to SP1.  SP1 is registered to a FreePBX server which has time of day and day of week outbound routeing rules.  Those decide whether the call is to proceed over a SIP trunk on the PBX or be sent back to the OBi (SP2) to be DTMF dialled out on the PSTN line.

4.  The originating OBi100 (in Japan) has a User Defined Digit Map which caters for the vagaries of the numbers of the permitted call destinations.  That map is then used in its Phone port digit map and OutboundCallRoute.

Yeah, I didn't create anything new here. I took the parts you guys all helped me with and applied them to fresh hardware and took note of the locations and specific changes, including syntax. Syntax messed me up and frustrated us all. Maybe this can help the next guys avoid that.

I believe in following or even cutting a path and laying asphalt behind me. If we've spent the effort to work out the details, let's make it clear and easier for those who follow. Pay it forward ;)

I appreciate all the help and the patience. I've been the guy on the other end. Thanks for sticking with me on this project. I learned a lot about Obi syntax and workings.

Sounds like an interesting setup you have. I've seen some topics mention FreePBX but haven't messed with it yet. I do have a 110 floating around somewhere, as mentioned in my older topics.

But I was relying on GV to "do it all" back then. Now we're using other VoIP and some GV as a provider, not a complete solution.

BTW, order Obi212 from NEWEGG(.)com I ordered 212's 3 times in the past month from Amazon (direct and fulfilled by Amazon) and they were all 202's. Amazon blocked my review mentioning that problem, so people will keep ordering and getting the wrong product.

Let me know how I can help. Any time.

myobinameisinuse9987

SLIMEBALL SON-OF-A-GUN!!!

Stopped working.

As soon as I configured GV on the phone SPx

Call History 2182 when it worked 4/27 15:14:25  :

To PP1(7*1aaabbbcccc)

Call History 212 when it worked 4/27 15:14:29 :

To LI1(1aaabbbcccc)

But NOW...

Call History 2182 when it doesn't work 4/28 19:54:19 :

To PP1(7*+1aaabbbcccc)

See the LEADING +  ???

azrobert posted this in the other thread:
QuoteI also don't understand why the "+" prefix.

Use this OBi212 OBiTalk inbound route to remove the "+":
OBi212 OBiTalk inbound route:
{111111111>(<+:>xx.|xx.):li}

(snip)It does matter, GV prepends a "+".

So apparently once GV is added to the phone as SP, the magical and destructive + appears and pollutes the packets  :'(

Helps explain why the fresh phones worked and the already config'd phones didn't and now they don't, either. Grrr.

Okay, so now to address this "+" part and keep trying.

jccpa

SOLVED:

using azrobert suggestion:

Obi 212 / Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / InboundCallRoute

{218211111>(<+:>xx.|xx.):li}   /alternative option, strips + from incoming number

If you have trouble with GV or something else adding + to the number, use the alternative. I've updated the original post to show both options.

Thanks again to all for the suggestions and help.

RodgerDJr

Good Afternoon all.

First THANK YOU to JCCPA for all his work on this . . . .

I recently purchased an OBi212 to add to my home system.  I already have an OBi2182 and I wanted to be able to get my home phone on my OBi2182.

I have follow the instructions to what I thought was a tee twice and both times it is not working.  When I try to dial out on any line I am getting a message that there is not a dialing route.

I'm just not sure what I need to look at to see what I did wrong.  

I did not setup the OBi212 with any service as I am just plugging in my home phone (Comcast) to the OBi212 and then a POT on the other end.  I call the number and the POT rings . . .So I am assuming that is all done.  

I see there is only one change that is necessary on the OBi212 and that is to just sent the InboundCallRoute to my OBi2182 with is just 680xxxxxx {680xxxxxx>(<+:>xx.|xx.):li}, the xxxxxx are the rest of my number I just did not want to post it.

So this tells me that when I get a call on the OBi212 to route it over to my OBi2182

Then on the OBI2182

I added a Speed Dial for the OBI212 **9520xxxxxx to number 7

Obi 2182 / Voice Services / ObiTALK Service / DigitMap
[aaa] xxx xxxx|  

Does it matter that I have spaces in the number and after the bracket?

I added in my Xfinity home number which is 561 XXX XXXX
([561] XXX XXXX|<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)

Obi 2182 / Voice Services / Gateways &TrunkGrps / Voice Gateway1 / Name

I added a Voice Gateway1 as vg1

Obi 2182 / Voice Services / Gateways &TrunkGrps / Voice Gateway1 / AccessNumber

I added the AccessNumber as PP(520xxxxxx) This is my OBI Number for the OBi212

Obi 2182 / IP Phone / PHONE Settings / OutboundCallRoute

Does it matter I have a space in my number?

I finally added the last part for the OutboundCallRoute
{([561]XXX XXXX):vg1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Thank you all for your help.  

I did make a copy of my settings so I used that to revert everything back.  So my phone is working again, but I am not sure what I did to break it.  I guess my next step would be to make a change and check that I can still make calls on my OBi2182.

I have 3 Google Voice numbers and then I wanted the 4th line to be my XFinity Number that is coming from the Obi212.

I am pretty new to all this so thank you all for your time to help us out.  

TIA,
Rodger

drgeoff

That [561] is wrong.  It means any of the single digits 5 or 6 or 1 will be matched.  (See the third bullet from the bottom on page 197 of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf.) Remove the  [ and ].

I would also remove the spaces.

I don't claim the above will totally solve your problem but it is a start.

BTW your "I see there is only one change that is necessary on the OBi212 and that is to just sent the InboundCallRoute to my OBi2182 with is just 680xxxxxx {680xxxxxx>(<+:>xx.|xx.):li}," is confused.  That InboundCallRoute on the 212 routes outgoing calls from the 2182 to the 212's POTS line.  And why the <+:>. You are dialling - this is not a call coming in from GV.

azrobert

You have several things wrong with your config. I also don't understand EXACTLY what you what you want to do.

561 is your landline area code. Do you want to route all outbound calls from the 2182 with 561 area code to the landline? If you want more numbers routed, how are you dialing the number. AN **9 prefix? 1* is the OBi default prefix for routing calls over the OBiTalk network. Can you use "1*' ?

How many digits are the numbers you are routing to the landline? 7, 10 or 11?

azrobert

This is how to route inbound landline calls to the 2182.

OBi212
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute:
ph,pp(2182)
Replace 2182 with the OBi number of the OBi2182

OBI2182
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph

This is how to route outbound calls to your landline using a speed dial.

OBi212
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{2182>(xx.):li}

OBi2182
Setup a speed dial for testing:
pp(212*18005551212)

Replace 212 with the OBi number of the OBI212.
Replace 18005551212 with a number you want to call.

Now all you need is code in the OBi2182 to route calls to the OBi212. I can show you how after you answer my questions.

RodgerDJr

Thank you both of you!!!!!  And thank you for not blasting me but explaining what I did wrong.  And helping me fix and learn. 

OK let me explain what I am doing.  I was adding on to this thread because I thought what they were doing was what I wanted to do, maybe I miss understood what they were doing and tried their solution for myself. 

I have a 2182 that I setup 4 months ago.  I have 3 GV numbers and I am using SP1, SP2 and SP3 all works great.  I even have my Cell Phone connected via Bluetooth. The one thing I wanted to do was to connect my Xfinity Phone to my 2182 but I was told I could only do this if I purchased a 212.  So I finally decided OK I want the landline on VOIP Phone (2182).  That is really all I want.  If someone calls the home phone I want to be able to answer it on the 2182, it would be nice if I could also make calls from this number, but if not no big deal. 

I am not using speeddials for anything it was just stated I had to set that up in the post above.  I can just select the line I want to call out of and dial, that is not a big deal.  Right now everything goes out my main GV which is on SP1.  But if I want to call someone on the another GV number I just select the line and dial.  most of the time the numbers I want are in my area code so I dial the 7 digits, but I do call Miami would I need a 1 plus area code or just dial the 10 digit number?

I know it seems like overkill, to get an 212 to just route my landline to my VOIP phone, but it I like to play with technology and learn things. 

So I live in Palm Beach County, FL so our area code is 561 we do not have to do 10 digit dialing at the moment but that could change.  7 digit will work in my area.  I have grown up here we used to have 305 then 407 and now its 561.  Give it time it could change again. 

All of the setting I found were in this thread and tried to use them, but I see I was wrong, in how I interrupted them.  At first I was a little nervous, but after reading the post a few times I felt more comfortable.  I did have to reset the phone to factory defaults, but I learned and made a backup the second time, so on my second attempt when it did not work I just loaded the config file. 

One more thing and I am not sure it even matters.  The 212 just has the landline from the Xfinity Router plugged into it.  The other RJ11 from the Xfinity Router is plugged into the house so the home phones/alarm work.  I do not have any of my GV number setup on the 212 it is only for the landline.  Just wondering if I pick up the phone from the 212 it should stop it from ringing the other phones in the house. 

Does this help?

drgeoff

To make a landline call come into the 2182 you merely need to set the InboundCallRoute of the Line port of the 212 to either of these two:

pp(680nnnnnn)

or

{ph},{pp(680nnnnnn)}

Edit:  That should be {ph,pp(680xxxxxx)} as I explain in a later post below.

using the 9 digit number of your 2182 instead of 680nnnnnn.

The second is only useful if you have an analogue phone plugged in to the 212.  Both it and the 2182 will ring and the call can be answered on either of them.

azrobert

OBi212
{2182>(xx.):li}

ph,pp(2182)

OBi2182

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxxx|<212*>(xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)|xx.*xx.)

Replace 212 with the OBi number of the OBi212

Dial **9 followed by 7, 10 or 11 digits from the OBi2182 to route outbound calls to the landline.
Inbound landline calls will ring the OBi212 and the OBi2182.

RodgerDJr

Thank you again for this.

It looks like this worked.  I will need to do some reconfiguration I think as some of my key I have on the left I have the persons name and then the number below but the phone number is 561-555-1212 and it will not dial that number.  I just need to modify those numbers.  Unless there is something I can do with that?  This is when I am on the 2182 and I select a number on the left that I saved.

I just made the change, but I do not have much time today to play, so I will try and get to it tomorrow, but I am not sure I will be able to get back to my toys until Monday night. 

You both have been very helpful.  I am going to create another post as I have some questions about something I want to do and just want to make sure I can do it. 

azrobert

I'm assuming the **9 is causing your problem. You can make OBiTalk your Primary Line then you won't need the **9 prefix.

OBi2182
IP Phone -> Phone Settings > PrimaryLine: OBiTalk Service

Edit:
Is your programmable key defined as a Speed Dial?

RodgerDJr

Yes I do ;D. I guess there is a better way.

I have one of my right keys as OBITalk which seems to be my Xfinity number.  I can just press that when I want to dial out on that line.  

RodgerDJr

OK I am able to dial out on my 2182 using the landline on the 212, but I am not receiving calls on the 2182. 

I did make this change on the 212

Physical Interfaces >> LINE Port >> InboundCallRoute
     {ph}, {pp(680######)}

Voice Services >> OBiTALK Service >> InboundCallRoute
     {680######>(xx.):li}

680###### This is my OBINumber for the 2182

I made This change on the 2182

Voice Service >> OBITALK Service >> DigitMap
     (xxxxxxxxx|<520######*>(xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)|xx.*xx.)
Do I need the * after my OBiNumber?

520######  This is my OBINumber for the 212

Thank you again.

azrobert

Quote from: azrobert on September 11, 2021, 09:06:27 AM
OBi212
ph,pp(2182)

OBi2182

You didn't follow my instructions. You have:
 {ph}, {pp(680######)}
This has 2 rules. The  1st is unconditional, so the call is always sent to ph and ignores the second rule.
Rules are within {}

I have one rule, so the call is sent to both.
If only one rule, the {} is not required.

Edit:
The OBiTalk inbound route is the default. I included it because it might get automatically changed when you have more than 1 OBi device.

RodgerDJr

Sorry about that.

OK I am following what you have, I thought I had it how you have it but looking I see I was wrong. 

OBi212
ph,pp(680######)

OBi2182
ph

I have attached screenshots of my settings, maybe I have something else wrong. 

When I call my landline the POT rings that is connected to the 212 but the 2182 does nothing.  I am able to make calls from the 2182 using the landline, by selecting the line I have designated for OBITalk or by dialing **9 and then the number I want to dial. 

Again I thank you for all your help.

azrobert

It looks like you are displaying the setting directly from the OBi212 and OBi2182. Did you make the changes from OBiTalk or directly from the devices? If you made them directly on the devices, OBiTalk will overlay the changes and they will revert back to the previous settings.

Please dial **9620nnnnnn from the phone attached to the OBi212. Does the OBI2182 ring?

Look at the call history of the OBi212.
Does it show the call being routed to OBiTalk?

Log directly on the device.
Status -> Call History