News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Service Configuration Error

Started by starlight15, April 27, 2021, 08:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starlight15

Hello

I've been trying for a few weeks to set-up my Obihai 200. I have received many error messages among which are "google Voice service connection error" and more recently "no service configuration error, log-in to configure your device". What exactly am I supposed to configure if the device isn't added yet??

I tried to look in the forum for similar threads, but could not find any. Excuse me if this is a repeated post. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks :)

drgeoff

Is the OBi device showing on your dashboard at obitalk.com?

starlight15

Quote from: drgeoff on April 28, 2021, 12:58:02 AM
Is the OBi device showing on your dashboard at obitalk.com?

Yes, it shows as "soft phone", but the status is offline.

drgeoff

The softphone is NOT your OBi device.

You need to use the **5nnnn procedure to add your OBi to your dashboard. Unfortunately that procedure has a very high failure rate and you may need to try it many times. When it succeeds you will see another line with the same 9 digit OBi number as the one on the underside of your OBi.

starlight15

Quote from: drgeoff on April 28, 2021, 01:10:28 AM
The softphone is NOT your OBi device.

You need to use the **5nnnn procedure to add your OBi to your dashboard. Unfortunately that procedure has a very high failure rate and you may need to try it many times. When it succeeds you will see another line with the same 9 digit OBi number as the one on the underside of your OBi.

Yes. This is how I get the two error messages and I don't know what to do

drgeoff

If you believe in miracles - http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18174.msg108049#msg108049

Or follow the official advice from Poly support which is "Just keep trying".

starlight15

Quote from: drgeoff on April 28, 2021, 11:09:48 AM
If you believe in miracles - http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18174.msg108049#msg108049

Or follow the official advice from Poly support which is "Just keep trying".

Miraculously, I was able to add it on my first try today   :D :D