News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Telnyx and Obi2XX

Started by AsterionOmega, May 20, 2021, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsterionOmega

I'm using Telnyx and can get Obi2XX devices registered.
I set them up using TLS/SRTP:5061 or UDP/TCP:5060 on sip.telnyx.com and outbound calls work with 2-way audio.
My issue is that incoming calls get rejected with a 404 error from the Obi Adapter itself.
My tests included setting the adapter DMZ, and swapping between SRTP and UDP:5060 with no avail.

Telnyx has said this is an adapter issue (which the call logs support), which i'm inclined to agree with.

Anybody else get incoming call errors from non-port issues? If so, what is the fix here?

theancient

Did you ever get this issue solved?  I am with voip.ms and they have been dead for 6 days from DDoS attack. I have checked for alternatives and Telnyx looks like a good choice, cost wise.  Thanks for any help.

KuBand12

Same story here.

I'm using an OBI200 and have it set up with Telnyx. I have just gotten registered on their sip.telnyx.ca server and have tested inbound and outbound calls with no issues. I set telnyx up on SP3, GV on SP1, and I will keep voip.ms on SP2.

I am using TLS on my Zoiper android softphone, and UDP on the OBI200, but I will be converting that to TLS as well. Let me know if there is anything you need to get setup.

TheTrev

I think it was due to the way I had inbound setup.

Using a guide for a similar ATA (Cisco) you can see there is a little setup to do for the Inbound to be a number Format DNIS as SIP User name... then it worked fine.

https://support.telnyx.com/en/articles/1130665-configuring-your-cisco-spa112-ata 

for reference.

theancient

Quote from: KuBand12 on September 22, 2021, 08:40:48 PM
Same story here.

Let me know if there is anything you need to get setup.

I don't know if it is my Obi200 box, or the fact that I don't know what I am doing, but I can not get 2 service providers to work.  VOIP.MS is basically working for me again, but I would like to get Telnyx working as my outbound provider, since it is 40% cheaper.  We can not afford a Smart Phone, so I use VOIP.ms as my Text Capability as well. 

I added Telnyx as SP2, and set it as primary on both Obi talk and the Obi200 phone port.  But, outgoing calls still used SPI unless I dialed **2 to select SP2 specifically.

When I set Telnyx on SP2 as the primary line, then all incoming calls on my VOIP.MS system would just get a busy signal.

So, how do I set up the OBI200 for both VOIP.MS as incoming calls (which lets me use it for Texting and call blocking), and then set Telnyx for the primary line for Outgoing calls.   I tried setting the Primary Line as a Trunk Group with Sp2, Sp1 order, but that did not work for me, either.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I have already tried the suggestion of the SIP Name on Telnyx.

azrobert

Please post the following:
ITSP A and B DigitMaps
Phone Port DigitMap
Phone Port OutboundCallRoute

theancient

Quote from: azrobert on October 03, 2021, 02:40:03 PM
ITSP A and B DigitMaps
Phone Port DigitMap

Thanks. I will get that info.  Since I don't know how to set, or the requirements for DigitMaps, that is a good possibility.

theancient

Quote from: azrobert on October 03, 2021, 02:40:03 PM
ITSP A and B DigitMaps
Phone Port DigitMap

Is there someplace a novice can learn about how to set these up? I don't think I have ever touched them except for a Mango tutorial on ITSP A.

ITSP Profile A DIGITMAP
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|911|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|***xxx|4xxx|(Mipd) |[^*#]@@.)

ITSP Profile B  DIGITMAP
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Phone Port DIGITMAP
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

drgeoff

Quote from: theancient on October 03, 2021, 04:22:27 PM
Is there someplace a novice can learn about how to set these up? I don't think I have ever touched them except for a Mango tutorial on ITSP A.

See the sticky post just above these non-stickies.

azrobert

I don't see the problem. Are you using OBiTalk to change the Primary Line? If not, change it again using OBiTalk and NOT the local interface using the OBixxx IP address.

azrobert

Is there someplace a novice can learn about how to set these up?

Maybe the following will help you understand:

The Phone DigitMap gets control first and validates the dialed number.
The last rule, "(Mpli)" includes the Primary Line's digit map rules.
Substitution can happen here.
If the number matches more than 1 rule, the "Best" rule will be used, not the 1st.
If the number doesn't match a rule, you will get a busy.
If the number matches a rule, the outbound route gets control.

The outbound call route processes the rules between the "{ }" left to right.
If substitution occurred in the digit map, the OCR will see the transformed number, not the original dialed number. People get in trouble because they don't understand this behavior.
If the dialed number matches a rule, the call is routed to a provider and processing stops.
Substitution can also happen in the OCR.
The last rule "(Mpli):pli" will route the call to the primary line.
If you want to route a call to a provider other than the primary line without "**n", you must include additional code.
If the number doesn't match a rule, you will get a No Routes Available error.

theancient

Quote from: drgeoff on October 03, 2021, 04:31:45 PM

See the sticky post just above these non-stickies.

Thanks.  I got to this Forum through searches. I should stay and read awhile.

theancient

Quote from: azrobert on October 03, 2021, 06:23:14 PM
I don't see the problem. Are you using OBiTalk to change the Primary Line? If not, change it again using OBiTalk and NOT the local interface using the OBixxx IP address.

I have tried both - IP address and OBiTalk.   

I don't understand the Trunk Groups, either. I looked at the example of Trunk 1 and made Trunk 2 where it was SP2, SP1, but that did not appear to work either.

azrobert

If you use the local interface to change anything, OBiTalk will overlay the changes with the config in OBiTalk. If you want to use the local interface, you must disable OBiTalk Provisioning, but then you won't be able to use OBiTalk to make changes.

Try changing the Primary Line in OBiTalk then signin using the local interface and check it to make sure it was changed to SP2.

The Trunk Group processes the trunk list left to right. If the dialed number matches the 1st entry's digit map, the call will be routed to that trunk. If the number doesn't match the digit map or the call fails, the next entry in the list will be tried.

"{(Mpli):pli}" will route the call to the Primary Line. If you want to use a TG, you must change the Primary Line to TGx. The TG digit map will be used to match the dialed number, so you need to change it to (Msp2).

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on October 03, 2021, 07:15:11 PM
If you want to use a TG, you must change the Primary Line to TGx. 

Wait. What? TGs won't work as a PrimaryLine with current firmware. Right?

Quote from: azrobert on August 26, 2021, 09:28:59 AM
The bug appears when the primary line is set to TG1.

The circumvention is to set the primary line to sp2.
And to route the call to the trunk group: {(Msp2):tg1}
If the dialed number matches a rule in the sp2 digitmap, the call is routed to tg1.

The TG1 Digitmap is no longer used.

theancient

Thanks everyone for your input. I have several things to try.  I need to read and understand the Digitmaps, which most likely will solve my problem, since I have never touched them.   I have to go back to fighting my property tax assessment the next couple of weeks.  My phone is working again which is the most important thing, I just can't use Telnyx as the outgoing provider (yet).

I have Provisioning disabled in three places on the IP config, but for some reason I still lose all my speed dials when I have  changed the Primary line on ObiTalk.  Except for this issue, I believe I am doing everything correctly for the IP vs. Obitalk config.

When I was trying TG, I was only using TG2, since I did not know what I was doing and did not want to change TG 1 as the default configuration master.

I had not looked at any configurations on the OBI200 in about 2.5 years, so I updated my FIRMWARE when all of the VOIP.MS problems started.  I went from 5794 to 8680. When VOIP.MS started working again, my ringer had changed to a single stutter ring and my incoming CID was blank. I did nothing but drop back to 5921 firmware and these two issues went away for me.   So, 5921 is the current Firmware that I am using.  Don't know if there is any correlation, but the problems went away.

So, thanks again.  I appreciate all the suggestions. I am good until I get the time to learn more and try things

ProfTech

I'm reading this thread late, however it is my understanding from experience [and inferred by azrobert] that the "Primary Line" field has no real purpose except in two instances. The "PrimaryLine" is processed either before or after everything else [not sure which] when a call is placed or it is specifically specified i.e (Mpli)

example: If PrimaryLine -> sp1

then if -> sp1 digit map -> (<:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx) or (<1:>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx) The first instance prefixes a "1" to any 10 digit number you dial and the 2nd instance removes the "1" from any 11 digit number dialed.

Because of this prefix or removal it can become very confusing and hard to construct [or follow] the callflow. So I personally do not put any prefixes or removals in any sp digit map unless there is no other way to make it work. In fact, you may not even need to use (Mpli) in many cases. It may be clearer to specify (Msp1), etc instead. Sometimes it is simply convenient to specify Primary Line -> sp1 then use (Mpli).

Instead, I specify any additions or subtractions needed in the phone port digit map unless there is no other way to make it work. This keeps your call flow clear and easier to follow.

Just my preference