News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use star codes as dial-throughs? (Anveo *01 for callerID spoofing)

Started by jccpa, May 25, 2021, 07:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jccpa

Using Anveo, we can spoof our owned/verified landline callerID using *01 through *20 dialing prefix, but OBi seems to intercept them, thinking they are OBi star codes.

How do I pass these codes to the Service Provider?

FYI. We have 'overflow' lines and want customers to be presented with and return calls on the main landline number(s), not the Anveo number.

Perhaps some * prefixes are reserved and cannot be used? It would be okay, we only have 4 landline numbers to spoof at this time, probably only use 2 of them.

Thanks.

azrobert

If I understand correctly, you are dialing:

Is the number part always 11 digits?

Do you use any Star Codes? You can turn off Star Codes or you can change existing Star Codes to a different number.

Edit:

Do you always spoof the CallerID?

You can automatically prefix the dialed outbound number with an asterisk+number. This way you won't have to dial the prefix or worry about star codes. You can have 10 digit numbers get prefixed with "*01" and 11 digit prefixed with "*02" or 10 digits not prefixed and 11 prefixed.

jccpa

I do use star codes, such as *96 (ie *9644 to bargein on extension 44)

But right now I only need max of 4 (most likely 2) codes, so if we can exclude those from OBi, that would be fine.

10 or 11 digits (leading 1 or not) after *xx code (which is always 2 digits from what I see on Anveo). I have attached a screenshot so it makes more sense.

We don't always spoof the ID, or call the same number all the time. I don't know if there can be a programmable key on 2182 or 1062 that sends the (example) *02 code and then allow dialing the number to be called.

If so, I'd label it (4321 CID) where 4321 is the last 4 digits of the spoofed ID. It would feel to the customer as if they are selecting an outside line on that number (like POTS PBX), even though that isn't what it is actually doing.

Right now, without any changes to the OBi's * handling, I can't send any *xx codes to the provider, they are intercepted by the OBi.

Is it possible to add a dialing digit map to allow just 4 of the codes to pass through without the Obi intercepting them? I'm not very good with digit maps yet, just starting to get used to some InboundCallRoute stuff.

Thank you for your help.

azrobert

Assuming Anveo Is defined on SP1 and it's the Primary Line.
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap:
(*xx1xxxxxxxxxx|*xx<1>xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Include any mods you might have done.

The above digit map will allow any 2 digit code, but it might conflict with star codes.
See:
Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A

If you want to use *01-*04, *01 and *02 are not used in the Star Code profile. Code 23-24 use *03 and *04. Just change the *03 and *04 to any unused 2 digit number.

jccpa

Thank you.

So building on your example, I can change Codes 23 and 24 (don't even know what they do) then use in the Digitmap:

(*0[1-4]1xxxxxxxxxx|*0[1-4]<1>xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

I think I have the two variables correct, but not sure about the rest of the line?

The goal is to allow *01, *02, *03, *04 only and pass those through to the service provider.

Does this look right?