On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT
Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: awriter on June 15, 2021, 01:48:06 PMDon't know if this is related to the recent mess - or if anyone here can help - but here goes:Obi200 / LG Stylus 4 phone, True Wireless.I've had my GV number, Obi200 and LG phone for years. Whenever someone called my GV number, it rang simultaneously on my 'home phone' and mobile. The last week it only rings my home phone. I don't believe I changed any GV settings and don't use a Call Blocker. I have no 'linked' numbers in GV settings on the web - but - when I open the GV app on the phone/settings - it shows my mobile number IS linked. Don't understand why they are different. Under Incoming Calls - the only 2 devices "enabled" to ring with calls is the Obi200 and my cell. I'm not Screening Calls or have anything else checked. Spam filter is on. Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data is checked. That's it.Any help will be appreciated!Lisa
Quote from: bartleby on June 18, 2021, 01:34:24 AMI logged into my GV account, and it is still set to ring. Any ideas what might be going on here?
Quote from: MSRobi on June 25, 2021, 06:48:05 PMThe other shoe has just dropped:https://support.google.com/voice/thread/114914789/important-information-for-poly-obitalk-consumer-device-use-with-google-voiceI don't blame Google for wanting to move forward with OAuth, they've been moving to it for a few years now.Basically Google is telling Poly it is time to "sh*t or get off the pot" and update your firmware to the new Certificate. I take hope in this one sentence: "Poly is working on a new firmware release."If Poly does release the new firmware, this obitalk forum will have plenty of notice and places to get it. However, if Poly is not interested in the consumer Poly devices, we'll see the rest of the approved GVoice poly devices become unsupported and unapproved for Google Voice (like Obi100).
Quote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2021, 06:54:53 PMThis is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet. All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about. It was not about OAUTH....***All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them***
Quote from: andrepod on June 27, 2021, 11:22:59 AMI had the Token Error on one of my devices (Obi200) up till yesterday. Reboots or DNS settings didn't help. Then I went into Security settings of the Google account (https://myaccount.google.com/security ) used for that device, and I noticed that "Third-party apps with account access" section (https://myaccount.google.com/permissions ) doesn't have Google Voice listed anymore. I don't know how it fell off, I'm sure I had it configured correctly in the past because I've been using GV on that device for years. Regardless, it's an easy problem to fix: I just did the "Replace Google Account Credentials" operation in Obitalk Dashboard, and it started working right away.
Quote from: Skip367 on June 29, 2021, 12:09:46 PMI've looked all over the Obitalk Dashboard and have not found a way to "Replace Google Account Credentials" . Can you be a tad more specific on how to do this?
Quote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2021, 06:54:53 PMThis is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet. All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them.
Quote from: Moonwalker on June 30, 2021, 11:10:48 AMQuote from: SteveInWA on June 25, 2021, 06:54:53 PMThis is a digital certificate expiration, which is standard practice across the Internet. All digital certificates have an expiry date, and that's what my announcement was about.All I can confirm is that they are definitely working on it...up to them.Here's the announcement: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18430.0In the meantime, it appears the "fix" for users is to delete their google credentials for whichever SP(1,2 or whatever) is producing the problem, then reenter them as at the first time it was set up. Hopefully that will stop the errors mentioned in this thread. No guarantees.
Quote from: holtdw01 on July 12, 2021, 11:43:19 AMI have followed every step 1) set DNS 2) delete and re-add device, 3) uncheck 0auth, and still get the "No registration required" on the Obitalk dashboard. In the Obi device on SP1 I get "Connect Failed: No Response (server=22.214.171.124; retry in 45s)". I have read the chatter on this forum nauseum but have not been able to identify a verified and supported solution. How frustrating. This has every sign of being a authentication problem. Looks like I will have port my number to a pay service provider again after spending four years using googlevoice through Obihia.