News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taoman

Quote from: magicwine on June 11, 2021, 10:49:01 AM
Isn't there one moderator here who has a contact to report to Google and Obihai?

SteveInWA (who is not a Mod) has an Obihai/Poly contact. Hopefully he will see this and make some inquiries. I have seen a couple of the same error reports in the Google Voice support forum.

It is for issues like this that I HIGHLY recommend configuring one or two additional voip providers on your OBi device.

For instance:
I use Localphone for making outbound calls if I don't want to use GV or it's down. Localphone charges 1/2 cent per minute for outgoing calls. That's pretty cheap. I added $5 a few years ago and still have over a $3 balance. You can easily configure Localphone to display your GV number when making a call.

I use Callcentric for inbound calls forwarded from Google Voice. You can get unlimited inbound calls for $1/month. Callcentric also displays CNAM at no additional charge.

Or if the GV app continues to work fine in your home on your smartphone then that's always an option. I have very poor cell coverage in my home so having additional voip providers on my OBi is a must for me.

magicwine

Very helpful info! Thank you.

I didn't know you could use this device other than with GV, at least at the same time.

Is there a FAQ or other info on how to configure a second provider such as Callcentric for inbound calls? Can Callcentric also be used for outbound calls at the same time?

I presume it is setup as SP2 and there is a way for Callcentric to call your same GV for inbound calls?

Do you have to temporarily stop inbound calls from GV?

magicwine

Hi - I found this article - is this current?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17024.0

Would still appreciate your replies to my other questions.

Thank you.

Bob

Taoman

Quote from: magicwine on June 11, 2021, 12:57:50 PM

Yes, you can follow those instructions. If you choose the subscription Steve is referring to you will also get 120 outbound minutes per month in addition to unlimited inbound minutes plus E911.*

Yes, you would configure it on SP2. Unsure what you mean in the second part of that question. Incoming calls to your GV number will get forwarded to your Callcentric number which will then ring on your OBi device.

Yes, if you set up Callcentric you will need to disable call forwarding to your OBi device. Although it's not going to hurt anything if you don't. If GV is already not ringing your OBi device then it will ring on SP2 thru Callcentric. But if both SP1 and SP2 are working properly then SP1 will beat out SP2 every time since it is a direct route instead of being forwarded to Callcentric first.

*Note: if you configure Callcentric on SP2 and choose the subscription in question you will need to preface any number you want to call via Callcentric with **2. So it would look like:
**2888-555-1212

woland66

I have two obi's at the same location (so the same WAN IP). They are both subscribed to the same GV account. In addition the second device has a second GV account and anveo. The first device (GV account only on the device) works. On the second device only anveo works -- neither of GV accounts are working.

I started receiving service alerts some time yesterday alternately indicating registration problems and informing me that registration was restored. When I logged into the account today saw the token error notice. I reregistered GV on SP1 (without doing anything for the second GV account on SP2) -- no help. Except now instead of the token error the account status says "Registration Nor Required", which is obviously wrong.

So:
Two devices at the same IP -- not a connection problem
One of two obi's connects to GV -- not a google problem
Anveo works on obi with GV issue -- not an obi device problem.

P.S. Spoke too soon -- the second obi can't register either, "No registration required"

Moonwalker

I just had this issue for the past 24 hours or so. A little recalling of the same issue with web sites I’ve managed over the years, wherein the solution to this error has nearly always been to delete login credentials and cookies stored in the browser, then renew all login info.

Applying that knowledge I tried, as others here have, resigning into the Google account on the Obi dashboard. That appeared to work, showing me signed in proper,  but using the phone still got the no response from service provider message.

Solution for me: Delete the service provider profile entirely then set it up again. Phone works fine now.

The problem is likely that something in the sign in profile probably has expired. Setting it up fresh updates all embedded dates and (so far at least) satisfies Google server security requirements.

If it ain’t one thing, it’s another.

EDIT: FORGET IT. THIS ONLY WORKED FOR ONE CALL.

Arizona480

All four of us in my circle are having issues like this in the past 24 hours, my inbound calls routed through Call Centric are coming through and the valet service where I can call with my GV numbers using ny Call Centric numbers though the web interface are working fine.

drgeoff

Quote from: woland66 on June 11, 2021, 01:43:21 PM

So:
Two devices at the same IP -- not a connection problem
One of two obi's connects to GV -- not a google problem
Anveo works on obi with GV issue -- not an obi device problem.

At least one of those - the second one - is an unjustified conclusion.

Mddd

After resigning in with google accounts it seemed to work for awhile. And then it would go out. Now that does not even seem to work. 

plazarch

I have had this issue several times over the past couple days.  I looked into my obi this morning and noticed the uptime was 254 days so I rebooted.  It hasn't connected since.  I did a Wireshark capture during a power cycle of the obi and saw an "Unknown CA" error so I am assuming either Google or Obihai has a TLS certificate issue.

Mddd

If I have two google voice numbers and use sp1 and sp2 for them...can Callcentric solution work for sp3?
Sounds appealing due to problems today and was looking for a 911 provider.
Want to be able to use GV numbers for outbound calling.
Need something to backup google voice token issues.

Quote from: Taoman on June 11, 2021, 01:23:32 PM
Quote from: magicwine on June 11, 2021, 12:57:50 PM

Yes, you can follow those instructions. If you choose the subscription Steve is referring to you will also get 120 outbound minutes per month in addition to unlimited inbound minutes plus E911.*

Yes, you would configure it on SP2. Unsure what you mean in the second part of that question. Incoming calls to your GV number will get forwarded to your Callcentric number which will then ring on your OBi device.

Yes, if you set up Callcentric you will need to disable call forwarding to your OBi device. Although it's not going to hurt anything if you don't. If GV is already not ringing your OBi device then it will ring on SP2 thru Callcentric. But if both SP1 and SP2 are working properly then SP1 will beat out SP2 every time since it is a direct route instead of being forwarded to Callcentric first.

*Note: if you configure Callcentric on SP2 and choose the subscription in question you will need to preface any number you want to call via Callcentric with **2. So it would look like:
**2888-555-1212

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on June 11, 2021, 11:54:53 AM

SteveInWA (who is not a Mod) has an Obihai/Poly contact. Hopefully he will see this and make some inquiries. I have seen a couple of the same error reports in the Google Voice support forum.

I no longer have contacts at Poly.  My contacts left the company.  However, as you know, I have contacts at Google, and I am going to escalate this problem.

Taoman

Quote from: Mddd on June 11, 2021, 02:54:31 PM
If I have two google voice numbers and use sp1 and sp2 for them...can Callcentric solution work for sp3?

Absolutely. But I would suggest you go for the North American Basic plan ($1.95/month) which gives you 120 outbound minutes in addition to unlimited inbound and E911. You can have outbound calls display your GV number.
It really doesn't make financial sense to just pay for E911 and the unlimited DID when you can get 120 outbound minutes for an additional 45 cents.

SoNic67

I am so getting the error:
Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error
The phone has dial tine, but is not able to place calls:
The number you dialed, xxx xxxx has not received a response from, the service provider."

SteveInWA

UPDATE at 5pm PDT:

This issue is now being actively worked by Google and Poly.  No action on your part is needed nor will fix it.

If/when I have new news to report, I'll do it here.

rremitsch

JohnnyCochrane

If this is a known issue being worked on, why is there NOTHING at all on the Obitalk website which says that this is a known issue?  Wouldn't that save us all time wasted trying different things???

ttt5

Can you please write additional information about your device that is having issues:

1. The model/version of your obi device

2. What's the version of the firmware that you are on

3. Have you tried to re-link it with google voice, if so did it work ?

SteveInWA

All you need to know is that a) I discussed it with my Google contacts on the Google Voice team, and b) they know what's wrong and c) they're actively working the problem with Poly.

JohnnyCochrane

A.  Fix ASAP
B.  Next time, make the error something easily understood such as "Known system issue with Obihai, no need to troubleshoot your device" instead of "Token error" which means nothing to us consumers